Corydoras wont stop dying

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The test shows no chlorine. I looked online and it says they do on the website though

OK, this is likely the main issue. The cories are getting their gills burned by chlorine. When this occurs to any fish, they will always be at the surface, and if the chlorinated water is entering at one end of the tank, they will gather as far away as possible. Gills will be red, gill covers will be extended, fish will gasp or have very rapid breathing. These symptoms are common to other issues too, but definitely chlorine.

On the water changes, provided the parameters--these are GH, pH and temperature for our purposes here--are reasonably similar between tap (fresh) water and tank water, and provided you use a conditioner, there is no harm in changing water, and the more the better. Once a week is (or should be) sufficient, but additional changes daily or twice daily cannot hurt provided the parameters are the same and you use a conditioner to deal with the chlorine (and possibly chloramine).

After the WC, test again in 24 hours...if you register ANY ammonia, do another WC...50%
Okay so I get an air pump, the prime water conditioner, do another 70% and add the whole volume of the tank for the prime and get rid of the Sharks and one of the BN. Am I missing anything? I'll be getting more corys to fit their groups and more Cherry Barbs.

For future fish are there any that you do recommend for my tank besides corys or kuhlis?

They do this during the water change and then float belly up after doing this and after an hour they're typically okay
The chloramine (ammonia) is strangling them, and burning their body parts

I wouldn't move/remove/add any fish at this point...they don't need any more stress right now ... just do those WC's with Prime, monitor params, and repeat as necessary

Once we get your water params in check, then we'll talk about stocking...let's save the few fish you have left

You're in the midst of a fish-in cycle, more than likely...read this thoroughly: https://www.fishforums.net/threads/rescuing-a-fish-in-cycle-gone-wild-part-i.433769/

These are scavafijg for ti y
They do this during the water change and then float belly up after doing this and after an hour they're typically oka
foodparts
They do this during the water change and then float belly up after doing this and after an hour they're typically okay
These are scavaging for tiny foodparts on the watersurface.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back