Corydoras weird behavior

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Avel1896

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hey all :)
A friend of mine is facing a strange behavior from one of his Corydoras paleatus he recently added to his tank. @Byron could you help please ?

25Mg/l nitrate 'swimbladder due to high NO3 for a scaleless fish ?

7 Gh
8 Kh
7.3 Ph
15 mg/l co2 (dunno how he calculates)
Interesting video :

Last edited:
I don't guess when it comes to disease or other problems affecting the fish. There is something wrong here, as the fish seems to struggle to stay down, easily floating to the surface without. We have members who will likely know, I'm sure they will see this thread and be able to offer advice.

Hello, 3 added July 10. Only one shows that.
Mmmm ow okay.
In case of stress sometines Corys inhalate to much air in their guts, which makes them float. Mainly seen on Peppered.
Stressreduction and patience can solve that issue on its own.

Hoping it is that.

Mmmm ow okay.
In case of stress sometines Corys inhalate to much air in their guts, which makes them float. Mainly seen on Peppered.
Stressreduction and patience can solve that issue on its own.

Hoping it is that.
There are 15 Cories in total.
The one acting weirdly does it since the first day.
Don't you think 25 mg/l NO3 is hight for scaleless fish ?

ammonia and nitrite need to be on 0ppm at all times.
nitrate should be kept as close to 0ppm at all times and under 20ppm.

25ppm nitrate shouldn't cause this but you want to try and get it down.

--------------------
Most catfish and bottom dwellers don't have a swim bladder. If the fish is eating normally and doing normal coloured poop, then it is probably air in its intestine, as mentioned by DoubleDutch.

Feed the fish on frozen or live food for a week and see if it helps.

See if the fish farts any bubbles and if it does, see if it swims more normally after it farts. If it does fart bubbles, then it is ingesting too much air.

Hey all :)
A friend of mine is facing a strange behavior from one of his Corydoras paleatus he recently added to his tank. @Byron could you help please ?

25Mg/l nitrate 'swimbladder due to high NO3 for a scaleless fish ?

7 Gh
8 Kh
7.3 Ph
15 mg/l co2 (dunno how he calculates)
Interesting video :
While 25 mg/L nitrate is a bit high for cories I wouldn’t expect it to cause the issue you’re describing. It’s possible there could be an internal infection that is causing the buoyancy problems. I’ve only encountered what you’re describing in a fry that seemed to have a genetic abnormality leading to the buoyancy issues. Probably not the case here if the fish added is an adult.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back