Corydoras swimming up the surface

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

If you’ll use the @ sign before typing the members name the member will ge notified that your asking them a question and all will know who you are talking to. Ex: @ellamay

How many corys do you have in your tank? And what other fish do you have in there? I've been looking at a 64l for corys, I don't have any fish yet just researching :)
At present, I have 4 corydoras, 3 neon tetra and a female platy. I have tried several combinations over the years with the corys and I find the platy, guppy and penguin tetra not ideal as they constantly crave for food and tend to follow the corys which can stress them out.
I believe I could have as many as 8 corys and 6 neons tetras in this tank without overstocking it. They are fish that don’t breed to easily either which is good for population control.
The shop where I bought my fish told me that the “length of fish” should not exceed the length of the tank but I have always preferred to have less fish so less waste too ?
Corys are very lively fish especially in a group. They keep all areas of the fish tank busy ?
Otocinclus are good too as they are part of the catfish family and do not grow very big. You will need some algae in your tank though as they feed from it. It is recommended to have at least a group of 6 though so you may need to review your population in the tank. I have found though that they do not always survive from the shop as their tank does not have enough algae growth so they can be pretty weak when you bring them home.

Attachments

• 9CA0453D-22C0-47B7-AC4A-4A9B4B24BCF1.jpeg
    9CA0453D-22C0-47B7-AC4A-4A9B4B24BCF1.jpeg
    448 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
At present, I have 4 corydoras, 3 neon tetra and a female platy. I have tried several combinations over the years with the corys and I find the platy, guppy and penguin tetra not ideal as they constantly crave for food and tend to follow the corys which can stress them out.
I believe I could have as many as 8 corys and 6 neons tetras in this tank without overstocking it. They are fish that don’t breed to easily either which is good for population control.
The shop where I bought my fish told me that the “length of fish” should not exceed the length of the tank but I have always preferred to have less fish so less waste too ?
Corys are very lively fish especially in a group. They keep all areas of the fish tank busy ?
Otocinclus are good too as they are part of the catfish family and do not grow very big. You will need some algae in your tank though as they feed from it. It is recommended to have at least a group of 6 though so you may need to review your population in the tank. I have found though that they do not always survive from the shop as their tank does not have enough algae growth so they can be pretty weak when you bring them home.
Thanks so much for taking the time to give that advice! Your tank looks great. I think I’ll be going for a similar set up and fish :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back