Corydoras Sterbai

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jaywings19

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I just picked up some Corydoras Sterbai this weekend for my 72G tank. Any suggestions on a varied diet for the Sterbai? They are larger than my other corys, so I want to make sure that I provide enough food for them.

For my other corys, I typically feed them Hikari Sinking Wafers (main food) and supplement with Hikari Tropical flakes (whatever makes it past the neons).

Hi jaywings19 :)

Sterbai eat the same things as the other corys. :nod:

They will thrive on lots of live food, such as blackworms and tubiflex worms, algae wafers or spirulina discs, and some kind of flake food. I just got a sample of the Hikari Sinking Wafers and am very impressed with them. I plan to get some for regular feeding as soon as I find a lfs that sells them.

I also feed them freeze dried tubifex worms and shrimp pellets, from time to time. At present I am trying to find a replacement for Wardley's shrimp pellets. I used to feed my corys a lot of them, but since they changed the formula, IMHO they are worthless and leave a lot of filler in the water as well.

I have just purchased 3 sterba cory and just wandered if anyone could give me some genaral advice.
i bought some king british catfish pellets and some freeze dried blood worm.
they cant seem to get a look in on the blood worm cause my zebra's eat em all b4 they get chance.

I have cory sterbai and thought they weren't getting any food as the barbs always got it first, but some food always gets to the bottom. I found that if i fed the barbs with the light on and then waited for an hour or so, turned the lights off, waited a little longer for barbs to settle for the night and then put fast sinking catfish pellets in the corys always got to them first. The corys are more active at night. These pellets disperse slowly and mix in with the sand substrate, and then the corys can dig for them (which is what they like to do) It is the same with the bloodworm, i put enough in so the barbs have their fill and so enough sink to the bottom for the corys to dig for. Hope this helps. I got my advice from others on forum. :thumbs:

Lynn

Damn, I hope I can find some live bloodworm for my Corys. Frozen's just....meh. I really want to put some live ones in there for them to dig after.

If you can hatch baby brine shrimps, this would work well also. They have the tendency to dive towards the bottom of the tank where the cories feed when added into a fresh water.

Just last week I bought a new (to me) brand of flake food and all my fish seem to love it. It's called Ocean Nutrition Formula One.

According to the label, it is 55% protien and all my fish love it, especially the corys. To get it down to them, I grab a bit in my fingers and plunge my hand into the tank to deposit it on the bottom. A bit more on the top will keep the top feeders happy too. :thumbs:

That's a good brand! ;)

Another thing that I sometimes do is to grind the flakes a little between my fingers, and put them where the power filter drops the water current. All flake pieces shoot stright down the tank into the gravel and they usually stay there... ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back