Corydoras or Kuhli Loaches?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I just have to jump in here too! I have 6 different breeds of cories in multiple tanks. If the population drops below 6-8 of the same species, they hide. Otherwise they are out all the time. Pygmaes swim in mid water a lot and are soooo cute and tiny that you could do twice as many as most other breeds. They all zoom to the top, I always thought it was to grab some air. The only ones who ever splashed were the Emerald corys. I also have kuhlis in most of my tanks. I love them too. They are out all day, swimming up and down the glass, foraging amongst the plants and are super charming. There is a group of them in my 55 g who have claimed the left front corner and entertain themselves all day, up and down and around the wood. It just comes down to which ones you like better. I have never had a Kuhli jump out either. They have never broke the surface.

Okay sorry for getting off-topic, but there are breeds of corydoras? I was always under the impression that it was species(like bronze, panda, peppered...Etc.) but now I'm confused since I've seen some people say breeds.

Okay sorry for getting off-topic, but there are breeds of corydoras? I was always under the impression that it was species(like bronze, panda, peppered...Etc.) but now I'm confused since I've seen some people say breeds.

It is better not to use the term "breeds" to avoid confusion. But I think Capers7 was using the term as equivalent to species. The genus Corydoras contains some 160+ described species.

I would do corydoras;) but that's just me

Most reactions

Back