Corydoras info sources

GaryE

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I am looking for some pdf sources on the recent work done dividing Corys into groups, and for public access new species descriptions.

I used to pride myself on keeping up with the fast moving world of Corydoras research and introductions, but a change to a pretty intense job took me out of the loop for a dozen or so years. As I wander back in out of the cold, I am seeing that I missed a few fun parties out there. Articles, pdfs, etc anyone?

You can join CorydorasWorld owned/run by Ian Fuller. His posts often include links to new species descriptions, and he has a revised lineage chart (he is basically the authority on lineages). You can also see this material on the free Facebook site, also called CorydorasWorld.

If you do a search in Google Scholar, enter "corydoras" and every scientific paper will be listed, with links to the paper online where it is free, or to the abstract.

Eschmeyer's Catalog of Fishes accessible on the site of the California Academy of Sciences lists every described species of fish in the world. In each entry is a reference to the original description paper (with links if these exist online), and references to every paper that has mentioned the species since it was described, ending with the accepted scientific name.

Excellent. Thank you. I expect that money will be well spent, given what I learned in past conversations with Ian Fuller. I'm off to sign up now.

I bought the digital book too. People put a lot of study into developing knowledge like Mr Fuller has, and I prefer to pay for that access and support his work.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back