Corydoras fry?

WillK

Reaction score
I have many different types of corys in a tank and they laid eggs. I scooped them out in time and they hatched. But the only problem is, i have no idea which ones it was? Can anybody tell me what corys these are? Thanks
20190926_181657.jpg
20190926_181856.jpg

They look like Corydoras paleatus.

Those coloured bits look like flake food...you should remove all of that. Cories will not usually eat that, and in any event, they need sinking foods like shrimp pellets, and wafers like the Omega One brand Veggie Rounds.

Bare bottom tanks are also good with cories. A shallow layer of play sand would help them.

They look like Corydoras paleatus.

Those coloured bits look like flake food...you should remove all of that. Cories will not usually eat that, and in any event, they need sinking foods like shrimp pellets, and wafers like the Omega One brand Veggie Rounds.

Bare bottom tanks are also good with cories. A shallow layer of play sand would help them.

Hi. I feed flake and they love it. I put sinking catfish food and they arent too bothered. I feed algae and flake they love it. i had just fed in the photo it's all gone now they ate it all. yeah i do need to add some sand you are right! might do a very small amount to keep it fun for them but easy for me.

unfortunately though, they cannot be that cory. I do not have those. as far as I'm aware all it can be are bronze/green, juuli, sterbai

My initial thought was also c. paleatus. They are definitely not c.sterbai.

Agree. They most certainly are not C. sterbai, nor C. julii (which would more likely be C. trilineatus anyway, but not those either). They don't look like C. aeneus (bronze/green) but the photos are not the best as the poor cories are clearly stressed out.

Agree. They most certainly are not C. sterbai, nor C. julii (which would more likely be C. trilineatus anyway, but not those either). They don't look like C. aeneus (bronze/green) but the photos are not the best as the poor cories are clearly stressed out.
not sure how they are stressed lol. they are perfectly fine and are eating, growing and are not timid at all haha. anyway all I have is what is called long fin green cory, sterbai, juuli, and I also had a rogue napoensis when the eggs were laid. not sure where it came from to be honest, but just one anyway.

not sure how they are stressed lol. they are perfectly fine and are eating, growing and are not timid at all haha. anyway all I have is what is called long fin green cory, sterbai, juuli, and I also had a rogue napoensis when the eggs were laid. not sure where it came from to be honest, but just one anyway.

Attachments

• 20191001_225018.jpg
    20191001_225018.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 253

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back