corydoras barbels

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

HoldenOn

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hey all,
All is well with my corydoras paleatus, but I have a question. Do the barbels stop growing? The barbels look better from when I first got them, and I'm curious about how big they will get.

They do eventually stop growing, most are around the same size,m normal to the species but some can have longer than normal.

Ive got a one eyed cory who has some really impressive whiskers on him lol they hang like a funny mustache
20200629_200231.jpg

They do eventually stop growing, most are around the same size,m normal to the species but some can have longer than normal.

Ive got a one eyed cory who has some really impressive whiskers on him lol they hang like a funny mustache
View attachment 117651
Those are huge! I'll try and attach a pic. of one of my girls who might give that guy a run for his money ;).

So glad I put them in playsand recently, makes all the differenxet for them especially with their filter feeding when you can see the grains of sand sifting through their gill plates(?)

IMG_20200925_180526.jpg

So glad I put them in playsand recently, makes all the differenxet for them especially with their filter feeding when you can see the grains of sand sifting through their gill plates(?)

View attachment 117652
Me too. I love seeing the sand fall through their gill plates(?). Its super cool when they actually find a little piece of food and sit their munching on it lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back