Corydora randomly died

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

My Mom made me this thing made outta like plant pots, it broke apart from the glue and that couldā€™ve caught it so I took it out and the was covered in little fungus dots and was broken in half so maybe thats what caused it to die and get infected, thrown the pots in the bin now

Attachments

• 62B8F250-8BFA-4FD6-8A36-FE27B2ACB922.jpeg
    62B8F250-8BFA-4FD6-8A36-FE27B2ACB922.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 52
My Mom made me this thing made outta like plant pots, it broke apart from the glue and that couldā€™ve caught it so I took it out and the was covered in little fungus dots and was broken in half so maybe thats what caused it to die and get infected, thrown the pots in the bin now
it's best to sanitize deco from outside...

Yeah I asked ripples about the life span of their fish and they said they donā€™t breed them to die early I guess it couldā€™ve been old age since it was regular size when I got it
These fish get upto 25+ years so forget it.
The fish in the pic isn't okay. Also the fish on the far right seems to have in issue. Could younpost a pic of that fish ?

What are you feeding ?

I canā€™t tell for sure but it looks like your pic shows the nitrate is high for cories. Itā€™s generally recommended to keep it at 20 or below. In the postmortem pic it looks like her belly has a red tint to it which could indicate internal infection. If thatā€™s the case the high nitrate couldā€™ve made the fish susceptible to infection from opportunistic bacteria in the tank. I would suggest large water changes until nitrate reads below 20 and monitor it to make sure it doesnā€™t get high again. Also I didnā€™t see where the kit tests for ammonia. Thatā€™s definitely something you always want to check if you have a fish death too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back