Corydora Or Loaches?

blackers92

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hopefully after christmas my tank will be completely ready, with sand as a substrate, new more efficient lighting and a more habitable layout rather than just a mass of bogwood. When I first started my tank I had 5 Pakistani Loaches that did not fare very well and eventually got removed. I was pretty demoralized when this happened because I was extremely intrigued by them, but I did not want to see them suffer. I have also had terrible success with Bristlenose Catfish (I feed it Algae Wafers, Zucchini, Bogwood it had everything) with two dying :( (one had a genuine reason which was my own fault).

So I believe that I am now more experienced and am ready to put fish in my tank that I genuinely wanted ( not that i didn't want cichlids).

Although I am slightly worried about getting loaches once again, I was considering some corydoras and perhaps a featherfin synodontis or a raphael catfish or two. As I will have sand soon I dont have to worry about barbells getting worn down and infected.

The tank is 37 US Gallons and fully cycled

Two different groups of fish there, whatever you choose I'm sure there will be one species that would suit your tank.

Am I right in thinking that the other inhabitants of the tank are 2 keyholes and 2 rams? In that case you might want to stick to a SA theme and get cory's - more associated with SA tanks (I don't think there are loaches from SA).

Though if you don't want to go down the biotope route, I would personally put quite a few khuli loach in there :p Never see them again of course (Don't get these if you get the raphael or other large catfish, they might enjoy the noodle like quality of the khuli's).

You can't beat Corydoras in my opinion, great fish for any community tank!

Ya Corys would be nice. I would say definitely stay away from the featherfin syno as they would end up being pretty large and not entirely suitable for a community tank of that size.

I would go with corys i have them and i think they are awesome IMO

Jon

I'd go with Botia Kubotai, - More colourful, active and inquisitive that any cory species you will come across

I'd go with Botia Kubotai, - More colourful, active and inquisitive that any cory species you will come across
defo agree with this. amazing fish and very active and playfull, also 1 of the best looking loaches too :good:

Botia Kubotai are a stunning species! "yoyo" loach are very nice too, the smaller Botia seem to be really active but larger loach are generally not as active and just sit their and wait for food :rolleyes: :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back