corydora fry questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Derekshatch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Right now I have my corydoras in a little container that is inside another tank. Picture below:
15939100664023372797457293071642.jpg

They are about 3 days old and I have been doing 2 water changes daily and I have fed them a little bit and I think they are eating. I do not want to move them into the tank that they are inside of because as you can see there is alot of moss which will make it so I cannot keep my eye on them. I have set up a bare bottom tabk with nothing in it. Picture below:
15939102108766792124909087774488.jpg

I have put the filter into the breeder net so they do not get sucked up.
What day should I move the corydoras because I dont like them all confined?
Should I use some water and beneficial bacteria from their tank to automatically cyle the tank I just set up?
Do they need a heater in the new setup they are bronze/albino?
How do I move/aclimate them into the new tank without stress?

Keep them contained in the smaller space for at least 2 weeks to make it easier for them to find food.

Heater or not depends on your household temperature, but bronze should be fine no heater.

At 7 days old, add sand. Raising them on bare bottom can cause infection still as they need the good bacteria in the sand substrate.

Use the water they are used to when transferring them. I'd wait a bit of time to move them or you risk acclimation deaths.

When you transfer them, add water from the tank theyre currently in.

How would I add sand to the little container with them in it? I will probably wait like 2 weeks then put one into the new setup and if he survives the transfer I will do all of them.

You just need a thin layer, so you could even just use a pipette to transfer sand into the container

I looked at all of the fry and only one out of like 20 is albino so I guess that bronze is the dominant gene.

What else should I feed them? right now I have been feeding them hikari first bites and they are alot more active and eating like crazy. I want to make sure that all of them get some food.

Keep as a staple with the Hikari first bites.

What do you have available to you? If you can get microworms, a really good food for cory fry

I can get any of it because all stores are open. I will try and get microworms. But I have daphnia and cyclops.

I moved the corydora fry to the 10 gallon early and none died and they are doing very well and they love the sand. So far I have only lost 2 from natural causes which is pretty good in my opinion. Also the corydoras are breeding again they breed once a week which is crazy because I read that they lay eggs like once a month.

I have noticed that I am missing most of the fry is it because the water is too high and they cant get to the surface because I saw one trying hard to get to the surface. I have been doing weekly water changes on the 10 gallon because it has alot of plants could that be the problem.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back