Corydora Emergency Please Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

joselaz5780

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Today i noticed my female bronze cory wasn't out and when i removed decor to clean, i noticed that her head was white, here are pics: Please i'm so scared i really love her i'm almost crying its like i can feel her pain.

[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg864/scaled.php?server=864&filename=p1000531w.jpg&res=medium[/color][/font]
[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]
[/color][/font]
[/color][/font]
[/color][/font]
[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg194/scaled.php?server=194&filename=p1000530e.jpg&res=medium[/color][/font]
[/color][/font]
[/color][/font]
[font="Verdana][color="#222222"]I'm sorry that i am posting this two times, but i am trying to recieve as much help as possible as soon as possible...I'm scared [/color][/font]

It doesn't look like a fungus in the pictures more like she has scarped herself really badly on something in the tank. Is she still interested in eating? All I can suggest is keep the water clean and if it is only a skin scrape it should heal quickly on it's own. I wouldn't do salt baths or anything the salt is more likely to kill her than the wound. Only add medications such as broad spectrum, pimafix or malafix, if you can see fungus starting or the injury is not looking like its healing after a couple of days.

I don't see my cories eating because they always wait until i leave to eat(idk why) but i have read that it may be a burn on the heater or a bad scrape....i'll stick to daily 10% water changes adding some itch medicine and conditioner...shou my water be warm or cold when adding new water?

More than likely a heater burn... another possibility is that if the bronze may have had albino parents,the pigmentation comes through the older they get,i've seen pics of bronze corys with pinky/white marks on through the throw backs...

Atm i would treat has baccus mentioned with pimafix or melafix meds,i wouldn't advise adding ich treatment,has you are not treating for this and may end up stressing the fish out un-necessarily...

looks like it might have wiggled its way behind a rock or something and got stuck there for a while. i would add some start right to the tank to help it replenish its slime coat. As long as there is no fungal growth or redness, i think your cory will be fine, they are tough little fish.

Most reactions

Back