cory with bleeding barbel

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

corylover5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I noticed tonight that one of my cories has a barbel that is bright red and looks to be bleeding. He lives in a 29 gallon tank. water parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 7 nitrate. He did not look like this an hour ago so I know it just happened. He is eating and swimming normally. Is it possible he could have hit his barbel on some driftwood in my tank and caused it to bleed? What should I do to help heal this? Thanks in advance.

Can you post a photo? What is the substrate? How frequent are water changes and what volume? What fish (species and numbers) are in the tank?

It's a 29 gallon with sand, driftwood, and plants. Water changes are 50% weekly. I have 5 mollies, 2 guppies, some snails, and 7 cories. I know it's overstocked but I plan on getting a bigger tank soon and a canister filter once I can afford it and convince my parents. I tried getting a pic but he's hiding under one of my plants with a few other cories. I looked at his barbel and it's back to normal now. What could have caused it to look like that?

It's a 29 gallon with sand, driftwood, and plants. Water changes are 50% weekly. I have 5 mollies, 2 guppies, some snails, and 7 cories. I know it's overstocked but I plan on getting a bigger tank soon and a canister filter once I can afford it and convince my parents. I tried getting a pic but he's hiding under one of my plants with a few other cories. I looked at his barbel and it's back to normal now. What could have caused it to look like that?

To answer your question, I've no idea. I asked about the other factors previously because they can contribute to barbel issues. But everything looks pretty good, so I wouldn't worry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back