Cory Trilineatus Refusing To Eat

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FungusTrooper

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got two new cory trilineatus for my trilineatus/betta tank the other day. Both showed signs of stress, as can be expected, but right now I'm watching my original two and one of the new ones chowing down on a sinking shrimp pellet together. However, the other new one isn't fairing so well.

It has a split dorsal fin, but shows no signs of rot or fungus. However, it just wont eat - I've seen it scavenge once or twice, but only for a second or two each time. The other 99.8% of the day it either just sits on the substrate breathing normally (ie: not super fast or super slow) or swimming up and down the glass over and over again. All my other corys showed this behavior too, but they quit it after a day or two - this is the third day, and it's still happening.

I realize he might just be too stressed to eat, but can anyone think of anything I can try? I've even tried dropping already-soaked food pellets right onto his head as he rests, but he usually just ignores them, then wakes up and goes back to swimming up and down again.

Thanks.

Little bit of patience i suppose.Is it scavenging when lights are out as far as you know? Let it acclimatise and ontherwise try some bloodworms (alive or defrosted ones) later.

Could be stress. When I added my last batch my oldest pouted for about 3-1/2 to 4 days. Acting much like yours. Would scarcely eat. And just not interested in anything.

I think he's on the way out, unfortunately. Now the other three have pretty much teamed up and spend most of their hunting time together, but the 4th one still just acts like a lump. He might be scavenging when the lights are off, but I kinda doubt it.

Oh well, it happens. Sad to see, but I'll let him do whatever it is he's gonna do.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back