Liam

Fish Herder
Reaction score
cor2.jpg

cor6.jpg

cor4-1.jpg

crr5.jpg

cor3.jpg

Beautiful pics there, is that a bronze or an emerald cory? if its an emerald like mine its going to tower over the other cories, they get big!

:drool: STUNNING. Those are gorgeous. How many of the lasers do you have? And looks like you have a nice Trili pair. Have they given you any fry yet?

Great photos :good: Are they your new additions? I like the Fissiden in the background :hey: :lol:

I don't know how you got pictures of cories, since they are some of the most active fish around, but they look wonderful! :good:

Thanks all. Its very nice to get the feedback.

Blueblue, they are orange laser cories I don’t know if they have a scientific name.

Thanks Alex&Carmen, I have seven of the lasers three trillis and three julies. I often see eggs but I haven’t tried to rear any the trilis lay a lot and are the oldest I have seen the others doing ‘dances’ but I don’t know if they are spawning.

Thanks Paul.

Luke they are orange lasers the pics are a bit dark and the flash was washing out the luminous stripe.

SJ2K thanks, it’s a canon D400 with a 60mm lens so it’s a good camera.

Hi iSnail, no they are not new have most of them a couple of years. Yeah the Fissiden is a cool little plant though slow growing and traps all the fish muck.

Thanks pinkdolphin. Yeah the fins did get torn, the cories normally live in another tank I put them in this one so that I could enjoy them for a bit and get some photos. They blunder into the blennies caves so I expect that is why they are getting nipped. I am moving them back as I catch them. The blennies tend to nip any new resident of the tank and then when they get used to new fish leave them alone but the cories keep visiting the blennies homes. :rolleyes:

Thanks invader, the cories are not so bad by comparison to some of the other fish the lasers don’t mind the camera right beside them. Love the cat in your sig BTW.

Extra photos are of otto niger, they aren’t actually ottos but are the same size and do the same job.

Hisonotusleucofrenatus.jpg

hisonotus.jpg

Hi Liam

Those last pics, you said they weren't actually otto's. What are they? I have one in my tank. When I bought my 5 otto's nearly two years ago, she was with them and she is still going strong. I did post a pic of her before and people said she was an otto.

Got any group pics of you lasers? And any pics of you Julli's?

Beautiful pics as always.

:good:

They are Hisonotus Leucofrenatus, planet catfish is were I got the info. They are very otto like at a glance, they come from cooler water and spawn more easily than ottos, I have seen them dance about and lay eggs but havent collected any eggs.
Don't have any group pics, had to move them back into their tank which is not on a stand and is hard to photograph, I will get some and post them sometime.

Thanks for the nice words about the pics. :good:

A pic of a laser with an otto Niger and a close up of the attractive mouth :lol:

hiscory.jpg

mouth.jpg

Thanks again Alex or/and Carmen

Will take a tank pic and post it thanks for the interest Invader
Thanks Pokemon, yeah cories are cool little guys.

A Julli

juli.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back