CORY ID

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi :p

I went shopping for some cory catfish and i found the usual corys (albino, bronze and peppered etc.) but in one of the tanks their were albino corys but with a difference, these corys had a a black ring around the base of the tail.

What breed of cory is this? they were marked up as 'BLACK RING CORYS' they were quite expensive at £7-50 each!!!

So my question is are they RARE?

How many corys can i have in a Hagan Tropquiruim 88 i already have 4 neons, 2 platies, 4 white cloud mountain minnows, and 9 small fantails (which will be put into a bigger tank when dad gets the garage sorted!!!!)

I already have 2 Julli corys (very cute named Jamie + Jules) :thumbs:

-_- Never heard of them. I hope these are not Aeneus albinos that have been injected with dye.
In recent times there have been cories with all different colours injected into them. This a barbaric practice used by unscrupulous breeders to make a fast buck :angry:
Ask your LFS the latin name of the fish and ask if they are dyed. Your response to his answer is on your own concience. ;) Mac.

Thanx macquatic, i didn't know that they dyed catfish as well. i think i will avoid these and keep to the ones i recognise in my book.

Most reactions

trending

Back