Cory Help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

iownupkr66

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my tank is 29c and i wondered what coryies i can keep in these temps my is set at 26c but seems to be at 29 all time so all help needed thanks

Sterbai will be ok, they often go in hot Discus tanks. Anything else, would most likely suffer.

Yes, bronzes are one of the species that definitely prefer it cooler.

Try turning your stat down on the heater more, mine is set at 20 degrees but the tank reads 24 :rolleyes:

But at that temp has mentioned only sterbai's will tolerate it.

if i get it to 26 could i keep bronze albino stebai and pepperd?
if not what would it need to be i have hoplo catfish zebra danios guppys swordtails platys amano shrimp,bristlenose plecs botia loaches etc

Bronze, albino & peppereds all prefer 22- 24 degrees, 26 is pushing them to the limit.

I can't get mine lower than 26 degrees(heaters are at 25, termometers at 26 and over) and in the summer the temperature is 29-30 degrees overkill in all tanks. I don't know how much it affects them but they are still alive and temporary they survive higher temperatures for sure without problems, but I am still to find out if they'll live to their full life expectancy.

i turned the heater down to 26 and the digital stat reads 28c and the water haas gone cloudy and the fish are huddled up around the heater ?? so bronze and pepperd would not even live in 28?

Temperatures too high will reduce their life span eventually....

I lost 5 corys back in the summer, has my tank hit 30 degrees and i struggled to get it down :sad: - i ended up putting large airstones in to help oxygenate the water, has the corys kept shooting to the top of the tank to get air....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back