Cory Fry/juvi Rearing Tanks...

Harlequins

***Corydora Crazy***
Reaction score
I've decided to re-organise the rearing tanks for the corys,i have limited space,so decided to get the 23 gals out of the shed,i done a leak test over night all fine,
Atm the new fry have a whole 10 gals to themselves,and growing juvi's have another 10 gals,so basically i am going to divide the tank down so the growing juvi's will have 3/4 of the tank and the wee fry have 1/4 aiming to transfer them to the bigger tank has they grow :)
Both sides will have independant filtration & heating,has i plan to put a solid glass for the divider.

I'm abit wary about moving them all atm :rolleyes: but i thought if i do a straight swap & use everything from the original tanks incl the water,just so i can put them straight back in after,they should be ok.. :unsure:

What do you all think?

I haven't done much with the tank today,Had to drive down to southampton,so popped in world of waters in romsey on the way back home(has one does :lol: ),though not overly impressed :sad: nothing tempted me and they didn't have the fish food i wanted :grr:

But hope to get the glass and aquarium sealant tomorrow fingers crossed...

I just setup something similar. I got a 20 long for my fry. Just got it filled this morning. Moved the babies and their guard betta from the 10g.

SAM_0328.jpg

The picture isn't great, but its sunny today and I have two large windows and a skylight.

Looks good :good:

Well update,i managed to get some thick 6mm glass cut for the divider and got some aquarium sealant from the same place,so all good :good:

Have sealed along one side of the glass,got in propped up on ply templates for width i want,once dry enough (probably tomorrow)i will do the other side :nod:

Heres a pic so far :lol:

they should be ok considering your moving the filters over too :good:

I agree. If you move the filter and a portion of the existing water, they should be fine. I have set-up a lot of tanks using filters I had running in mature tanks. Also, moving plants, driftwood, substrate, etc. from existing tanks helps a lot.

Good Luck :good:

It is actually sufficient to move some amount of fine leaf plants to establish a tank for fry or even for small fish. (I have around 15 fry tanks atm, all set up by borrowing java moss or najas from established tanks).

:thanks:

Well the other side has had sealant on now :good:

Will probably move them Monday,on my day off :)

Swap over done :good:

Was a busy 4 hours :rolleyes: ,the prob i had was to remove the original divided tanks(2x 10 gals),before i could set up the replacement,anyhows after draining one side i managed to pull them forward enough to put in the new one in its place...

So well washed sand went in followed by has much water i could take out before catching the fishes(one side 6 ember tetras,6 masked corys & one panda juvi)(other side 14 growing fry,thank goodness their wasn't more :lol: )moved all decor first,followed by filters & heaters,set these up ready b4 switch on,moved fish straight in to new abode has original water was used for nearly half the big side. :good:

Filled the remainder up with fresh dechlorinated water,and everything switch back on!! :hyper: :good:
All fish seem fine atm,no cloudyness,stats zero so far...

I did remove 2 bigger panda fry to the bigger side in the process,so one side is about 16 gals and fry side 7 gals...
Heres a few pics :)
Tank pic

wee fry

Masked corys & panda juvi

Pandas i just added(i'm sure they've had a growth spurt since added) :lol:

Wow! That looks great! I bet they are loving it :good:

:thanks:

I still need to change decor around a bit, especially the biorb plant stuck near the glass divider is to hide the box filter i have in there :lol:

Looks good!

I had a bit of a nightmare this weekend :\ I was moving my 10 litre tank with the 200 fry in it, SMASH, massive puddle and fry all over the floor :blink:

fortunately its a laminate floor, had to suck them up one at a time with a pipette :\ lost about 5 which got squished but the rest are ok now in my 90 litre tank :\ Bloody c.rappy juwel stands, thats my excuse anyway!

Oh no Tizer! poor you,poor fry :crazy: i did the same thing last year,well knocked over a pot whilst transferring with 100+ fry,incl the gold laser fry,i'm sure that was their demise...has i lost quite a few incl all the gold lasers :sad:

Hope yours will be ok :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back