Cory eggs?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CozyCat

Fish Fanatic
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Found these while doing a water change on my cory tank. They were stuck to the side of the filter inlet pipe. There's only corydoras, a couple female guppies and my male bristlenose pleco in the tank. Could they be cory eggs? If so, how do I successfully hatch and raise them?

Screenshot_20211209-104241_Gallery.jpg

Not cory eggs, if you only have one cory; I've not heard of a female laying eggs without a male present (if the one cory is female). And cory eggs are white. But beyond this (and the other fish are not responsible either) I've no idea. Do you have any largish snails? The small innocuous snails like pond lay clusters of very tiny white eggs in a gelatin-like mass, not what is shown here.

I have a group of 9 corys, bound to be some males and females in the mix. There is a mystery snail in the aquarium too, but it's a juvenile. Quite often see the pond snail egg clusters in my other tanks, these eggs are bigger than pond snail eggs...

I have a group of 9 corys, bound to be some males and females in the mix. There is a mystery snail in the aquarium too, but it's a juvenile. Quite often see the pond snail egg clusters in my other tanks, these eggs are bigger than pond snail eggs...
wait if it is under the water line it looks a lot like coryegg

I've got peppered and albino corys. They're so cute and the albinos are so derpy😍😂

wait if it is under the water line it looks a lot like coryegg
Yeah, I just pulled the filter out to clean the pipes and sponges and noticed the eggs. Where they are on the inlet pipe sits below the waterline.

I obviously took your "only one corydorus" to mean one single cory fish...if you have a group including male/female that is a very different situation.

No, either peppered or bronze. The pointy ones are peppered, and the rounded ones are bronze.
wait so this means that the albino pepper will scholl with pepper and the albino bronze will school with bronze?

I obviously took your "only one corydorus" to mean one single cory fish...if you have a group including male/female that is a very different situation.
Ah I see, sorry for the confusion lol😂
I meant to say there are a group corydoras in the tank with the female guppies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back