FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

AUSSIEFISHKEEPING

Reaction score
Hello Iā€™m new here I have been keeping fish for a while and recently I got two new bronze corydoras and what is my luck that the actually spawned the first time unfortunately all eggs were ruined by other tank mates but they spawned again today and I managed to save 8 eggs I have removed them with an old gift card and put them in a plastic breeder box but after researching I am now second guessing this decision as many people say when they hatch they will fall out of the box is this true if so what would be recommended I do?

Hello Iā€™m new here I have been keeping fish for a while and recently I got two new bronze corydoras and what is my luck that the actually spawned the first time unfortunately all eggs were ruined by other tank mates but they spawned again today and I managed to save 8 eggs I have removed them with an old gift card and put them in a plastic breeder box but after researching I am now second guessing this decision as many people say when they hatch they will fall out of the box is this true if so what would be recommended I do?
Im no professional what so ever and I could be wrong. But if it were me I would get a small 5-10 gallon tank and put a sponge filter and heater in there. But make sure to cycle it and speed it up by putting some of your decor from your main tank into the 5-10 gallon.

My bronze Cory group lay maybe 100 eggs per fortnight and they are food , I have grew out some in the exact way you are describing and yes they got out of the breeder box , as above Iā€™d set up a different tank for them if your serious about keepin then , In fairness you will only have to look after the fry for a few months before returning to main tank in my experience

Put them in something that hold water. A fish bowl, a glass jar, a 2-1/2 gallon tank, etc. Put in an airline for circulation. When they hatch feed them microworms. Some people might have different feeding instructions but I only feed microworms to mine. After they are free swimming for a few days or so they need a filter. An alternative would be to put them into a Marina breeder box which circulates water from the parent tank.

I have a Hidom breeder box & a Marina breeding net. Both have holes small enough for water circulation but the holes are not big enough for fry or eggs to fall or swim out.
The Hidom is very small so only good for a short time but have either then moved the fry to a bigger breeder box or moved them to my 10 gallon grow out

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back