Cory Eggs and Cory Fry Hatching

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I have some Cory eggs hatching right now. For those of you who wonder what the fry and eggs look like, take peep at the videos and pics. Sorry for the length but had to catch them as they hatched. Note the way they spin when first hatched. First pic is a fry and 2nd are eggs.

Attachments

• 77D093C8-5B7E-418B-A2CA-6E5A5B74ACB2.jpeg
    77D093C8-5B7E-418B-A2CA-6E5A5B74ACB2.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 130
  • DD8D5C69-91F5-40E0-B5FF-2F7B958BEE70.jpeg
    DD8D5C69-91F5-40E0-B5FF-2F7B958BEE70.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
That’s great to see.would you mind me asking the type of Cory these are?one if my favourite fish.I have a mixed bag of corydoras in my tank.Have you any idea why they spin?

That’s great to see.would you mind me asking the type of Cory these are?one if my favourite fish.I have a mixed bag of corydoras in my tank.Have you any idea why they spin?
Honestly, they could be bronze Cory, albino bronze Cory, or a mixture of the two. Hoping for some more pure albino. I don’t know why they spin except cories are nuts. Lol. I think it’s probably nature helping them to open up and get going. I know they do swim oddly until egg sac is absorbed. :)

Last edited:
Looks like I ended up with about a dozen. Hard to tell because they buzz around so fast. I found one dead this morning. It’s normal for a few not to make it but still sad. The rest seem to be in great shape. Fingers crossed.

Very cool to watch, thanks for sharing, and congrats...;)

Good luck with the rest deanasue.Great video,thanks for sharing.keep us informed on their progress please.

Put some plant matter in with them, Java moss, green hair algae, etc. They always seem to do better with the green stuff in there.

Put some plant matter in with them, Java moss, green hair algae, etc. They always seem to do better with the green stuff in there.
At one week I add a small amount of sand and Java moss. Don’t want to fight hair algae, but thanks. I actually start feeding a very tiny amount of First Bites on Day 2 also in case eggsac is absorbed too fast. :)

Last edited:
Great video, Need to get my lot spawning now but i am unsure if the Females are old enough cos i dont really know how old they are.I got them in August but the LFS owner didnt have a clue on age.
My old male chases them around & then they chase him but ive never seen any eggs, Nothing else in the tank either

It took mine several months to start spawning. Now it seems like every other week. They do it like the next morning after a water change. I also feed mine live baby brine shrimp at night to keep them conditioned. I’ve raised 3 groups. This last group brings me up to about 31 fry born in last 4 months. I let them eat a few spawns because I had cherry barb fry growing in the nursery tank at the time. :)

Maybe i will try a different method, I have had Cory fry in the past but not for a long time. These are looking plump now but the tank they are in had an Ich breakout then the culprit Cory decided to die & leave us to sort it out, So guess the heat will stop them spawning for now

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back