Cory behaving different

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have an albino Cory that is sitting around a lot and breathing 3-4 times per second. I think it has always breathed pretty fast but it used to swim around a lot more. I upgraded to a 10 gallon tank a few weeks ago and it has a pretty strong current, 90 gallons filtered per hour. That's really the only difference, it spends a lot of time laying around now rather than spending a lot of time swimming and searching for food. It is also kind of plump around its belly now. Any ideas what might be wrong?

I don't know my water parameters or anything but my other fish are fine.

Last edited:
How many corys do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you place a pic ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

This is the first good picture I've managed to get. It has been sitting in this same spot since I got up this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_5289.JPG
    IMG_5289.JPG
    950.2 KB · Views: 339
And how many cories do you have?

All corydoras are intensely social fish, and one on its own will always be stressed.

I only have two. I wasn't aware of that at the time. I thought maybe it was just lonely so I did get one more. I just got it yesterday so I'm hoping that will help. I would get more but I only have a 10 gallon tank and can't upgrade so I'm trying to do the best I can.

Larry finally gave up. I did everything I could but he didn't make it. I still don't know what was wrong but I'm sure gonna miss him.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back