Cory And Porthole

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

PC1963

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Anyone have and keeping cory in the same tank with Porthole. I just get a few of Flagtail porthole [dianema urostriata] wondering the Porthole with hurt the cory. Theyare much larger than cory.

It is very nice looking fish. But the size 4-5.5 :hyper: :crazy: :crazy: inch.

Another picture

Attachments

• Copy_of_DSC02638.jpg
    Copy_of_DSC02638.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Copy_of_DSC02650.jpg
    Copy_of_DSC02650.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 40
There wont be any problems at all. I have been keeping Portholes (Dianema longibarbis) with cories for over a year and a half. These fish are very skittish and really need to be kept in groups just like cories. I have not seen an ounce of aggression from them. I got the only 4 I could find and havent seen any since. If you can get some, then I highly recommend getting them. They are a great fish :good:

Heres a picture of some of mine:

IMG_1484-2.jpg

Hi Barracuda518

I have three of them and one is very large [assuming is female]. I will put them with cory and see how they get along. I never see for sell in the fish store. Hope I can find more for sell. I do like them, it is look like C. robineae but much much bigger.

During the day I hardly see them and they love to hidding, sometime not so sure they still live. :hyper:
Thank you.

Hi Barracuda518

I have three of them and one is very large [assuming is female]. I will put them with cory and see how they get along. I never see for sell in the fish store. Hope I can find more for sell. I do like them, it is look like C. robineae but much much bigger.

During the day I hardly see them and they love to hidding, sometime not so sure they still live. :hyper:
Thank you.

Yeah, mind hid a lot to when I first got them. Once they settle, they should come out more. I like them too and am always on the lookout for some. I would really love to have some of the Dianema urostriatum like you got, but have never seen them around here.

Most reactions

Back