Correct Tank Size For Smaller Plecs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kristins1877

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I have 2 plecs in my community tank and I fell in love :wub: I would love to set up a tank specially of smaller plecs, a few different species but I was wondering what would be an adequate size tank for about 8 plecs? I guess the more surface space the better since they don't really use the depth? Also, what would happily live with them?

Well I have 2 plecs in my community tank and I fell in love :wub: I would love to set up a tank specially of smaller plecs, a few different species but I was wondering what would be an adequate size tank for about 8 plecs? I guess the more surface space the better since they don't really use the depth? Also, what would happily live with them?

wot sort of plec you actually looking at ?

was thinking king tiger pleco, bristlenose and maybe one other small species. Im not sure if I should get a few species or stick to one species and get a breeding group? I would love to do a species tank with a few midwater swimmers...

Personal preference would be a species tank, so much easier to look after and the chance to breed a plec would be awesome!

was thinking king tiger pleco, bristlenose and maybe one other small species. Im not sure if I should get a few species or stick to one species and get a breeding group? I would love to do a species tank with a few midwater swimmers...

them 2 basically get roughly same size so 3 foot tank would be suffcent ....speices tank IMO is always better than mixng but thats just me out the 2 tho would go wth the L66 absolutley gorgeous fish but on the other hand BN's tend show them selves much more but ether way if u chose both they should be fine gether as long as u make the diet varied due to 1 been a basic veg eater and the other prefering a meatier diet

jen

I tried a plec community once, but was keen to keep a million other fish aswell, (as novices do) and I really stuggled. Does not mean it can't be done but I know the best pleco people on here all keep mainly species tanks.

Not freuented this part of the forum much recently but CRSmith was the main pleco man when I was around here a lot.

Most reactions

trending

Back