Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Please stick to the facts and stay on topic. Please be able to back up your post with a link to a reputable source if necessary.
Ohhhh so does that facebook post and the YouTube video I learnt about the reptile overlords trying to cull humanity count or no? Asking for a friend....

I'm really sorry.. please dont ban me xxxxx

Glad you’re doing ok! The college athlete who’s helped me with a few odd jobs got covid before he was vaccinated. He said it wasn‘t all that bad; the cold he had earlier was a lot worse. But he & his whole fam went in & were jabbed. None experienced side effects fortunately.
I'll probably get vaccinated when I go for clinicals for dental hygiene in a few years

First case of Omicron Covid has been found in California in the US from a traveler returning from South Africa. He has just mild symptoms at the moment. He had been previously vaccinated.

Omicron cases has now been reported in 10 states here in the US. How fast will Omicron spread...time will tell.

I've heard the hope expressed by at least one doctor that omicron is a less deadly but more contagious variant. That would actually be a very good thng. We shall see.

Omicron cases has now been reported in 10 states here in the US. How fast will Omicron spread...time will tell.
Very fast, On the news this morning they said it was in 32 countries and was spreading extremely rapidly.

In Australia we had 2 confirmed cases last weekend, now we have confirmed cases in 3 states. This is going to spread like wildfire.

it also seems like March 2020 when this Covid 19 thing was first beginning to spread rapidly. Let's hope this variant is not as deadly.

Well, starting from 5 a.m tomorrow, our country is in total lockdown again because of the omnicron variant. This will last till at least January 14th 2022.
lockdown.jpg

It's gonna be a very quite Christmas...

In the eastern states of Australia, the state governments are pretty much letting the new strain do whatever it wants.

The Western Australian state government is planning on opening the border on 5 February 2022 or something like that. Most people in country towns still haven't been fully vaccinated. And by fully, I mean 2nd dose, not 3rd dose/ booster.

The politicians in Canberra are onto their 3rd shot but lots of people in country towns in WA are still looking for their 2nd shot.

We are being told people need their 3rd shot to be sort of safe from the Omicron strain but there are heaps of people ending up in hospital now with the new strain and they have had 2 doses.

According to our chief medical officer, 2 doses of covid vaccine reduce the chance of you getting really sick from the new strain by 30%. And if you have 3 doses, then you are 70% protected. Like wtf is the point of the vaccine if we're still going to end up in hospital?

And I am all for vaccines. I am not an anti-vaccer, but the vaccine doesn't seem to do a damn thing to stop you getting the new strain or ending up in hospital.

It's taking me over 18 months to get a vaccine and now I find out it is virtually useless against the new strain and I can't get the booster for another 5 months. And there's a chance the booster will kill me because the first 2 doses almost did.

Well, starting from 5 a.m tomorrow, our country is in total lockdown again because of the omnicron variant. This will last till at least January 14th 2022.
lockdown.jpg

It's gonna be a very quite Christmas...
At least your politicians have the testicular fortitude to make those decisions. Ours are more worried about the votes and won’t “spoil” Christmas…happy to have 1000000 people infected by Christmas Day, goodness knows how many in hospital…as long as nothing interferes with their ability to have an office Christmas party…oh, wait! They did that last year in lockdown anyway…😡😡😡

Ours are more worried about the votes and won’t “spoil” Christmas…happy to have 1000000 people infected by Christmas Day,
Our politicians are the same. We must have the country open by Christmas. They only want it open for the money.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back