Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
We finally got Pfizer vaccines for kids and teenagers but I’m still scared of getting vaccinated. (Not an antivaxxer here)
Doctors even tell you to not get vaccinated until we get a better vaccine with less side effects since there are lots of Sinovac and AZ death here.

Anyway, what are your opinions on an online exam?
I’m having an exam tomorrow and I don’t understand how they test knowledge of kids, since about 90% of them probably cheat :/ (not me though)

I had my first shot of the vaccine 4 weeks ago and my arm still is numb. I am telling myself it is psychosomatic

We finally got Pfizer vaccines for kids and teenagers but I’m still scared of getting vaccinated. (Not an antivaxxer here)
Doctors even tell you to not get vaccinated until we get a better vaccine with less side effects since there are lots of Sinovac and AZ death here
Three of my siblings and I got Pfizer. My parents either got the one with an M or Pfizer, I can’t remember. We all felt a little achy and tired the next day, sore arms, but we were completely fine after that. As far as I know, Pfizer has been the most widely distributed, and the only one approved (around here at least) for younger people (12-16)

Three of my siblings and I got Pfizer. My parents either got the one with an M or Pfizer, I can’t remember. We all felt a little achy and tired the next day, sore arms, but we were completely fine after that. As far as I know, Pfizer has been the most widely distributed, and the only one approved (around here at least) for younger people (12-16)
4-12 coming soon 🤞🤞

I just heard a news 3 hours ago, kid die from side effect :(

I’ll wait till we get a better vaccine...

I just heard a news 3 hours ago, kid die from side effect :(

I’ll wait till we get a better vaccine...
Only a small handful of people have died from the side effects of the vaccine, I believe only one was a kid, being a 13 year old from Michigan. I think that Pfizer is the most widely distributed and has been through the necessary testing to deem it safe. If you feel more comfortable waiting, then wait. If it were me though, I would get the vaccine as soon as possible.

All vaccines have the potential to cause side effects. I had some distant cousins who got a vaccination, just a standard one kids here get as they grow up, and they died in their sleep that night. With anything you do, wether it’s getting a vaccine or doing an everyday thing like eating, there’s always that small group of people who it didn’t work for. When millions of people are eating every day, there are going to be people who choke or get food poisoning. When there are hundreds of thousands of people getting vaccinated, there are going to be some people who show side effects. With something like a vaccine, it is good to have a doctor to talk to and be able to ask questions, especially if you have any known health issues.

Got my booster shot a few days ago. (Pfizer) Also got the flu shot.

The Coronavirus is spreading rapidly worldwide.
  • What is the present state of the virus in your country or state?
  • Do you know anyone who is infected?
  • What restrictions does your government have to prevent the spread of the virus?
  • Are you making any preparations such as stocking up on food and buying masks?
  • What is your opinion about the coronavirus..is it overblown; or do you feel there will be a pandemic?
Please stick to the facts and stay on topic. Please be able to back up your post with a link to a reputable source if necessary.
I live in East Tennessee and we had only 20 Deaths. We stayed open and have a No Mask Mandate. I never caught the virus, my father did and said he was sick like the Flu.

Where on earth did you read that Switzerland and Austria have shut their borders? Austria temporarily closed the Italian border to test a train of passengers but have reopened it since. Shutting borders in the Schengen area has already been confirmed by the EU that it is not going to happen.
The Pope has not been confirmed with corona virus plus people still get regular colds and flu.
This is how you get people panicking.
The USA Government is mandating masks in some states mandating the Vaccine K-12 in California. We have 100,000’s of illegal immigrants that are sick pouring in and invading our Country, but our Government doesn’t care about the Americans.

Doctors even tell you to not get vaccinated until we get a better vaccine with less side effects since there are lots of Sinovac and AZ death here.

Anyway, what are your opinions on an online exam?
I’m having an exam tomorrow and I don’t understand how they test knowledge of kids, since about 90% of them probably cheat :/ (not me though)
The Pfizer vaccine works better than the Sinovac vaccine. Pfizer is also safer for most people than Astra Zeneca. The Astra Zeneca vaccine is very effective and reasonably safe. However, there is a risk of dying if you have a particular blood disease that can cause clots after you get the AZ vaccine. It is a very low risk though (about 1 in 100,000 people get it).

Pfizer can cause inflammation in the heart but this is rare and occurs mainly in young males under the age of 20. If you have a good heart and don't have heart disease, it is unlikely to be an issue. If you do get a Pfizer vaccine and start to feel sore or tight in the chest, or get chest pains, eat a 100mg Aspirin immediately and lay down. Then get someone to take you to hospital or call an ambulance.

I finally got my first dose of vaccine (Pfizer) and I did develop chest pains the day after I was vaccinated. I already have severe heart disease and my arteries and nearly completely blocked and my heart is enlarged. I took my usual heart medication (100mg Aspirin and 50mg Betaloc) and spent a couple of days laying down and eventually the pain stopped. I also developed a major ache in my upper arm (shoulder to elbow) where I was vaccinated and it last about 3 days. According to people walking by I looked rather unwell too but I didn't have a mirror to look at. It might have just been the normal me, but I did feel like a zombie and certainly wasn't well for a week after the vaccine.

Most people don't have reactions like that, especially the heart part. Mine was mainly due to the fact my heart is about to stop anyway and the Pfizer vaccine simply pushed me up to the very limit my body could take.

---------------------
As for online exams, they are fine. If people are going to cheat, they do it anyway. Just try to do your best. :)

Billions of people are taking vaccines of various kinds, so any tiny risk of harm from them will be noticed and reported. The real number we need to focus on is the risk of death or permanent disease we have when do not take any vaccine. And factored into that are the risks we increase for the rest of society when we do not take the vaccine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back