Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I could fix that - and itā€™s people like you that highlight the fact that my illness can be ā€œcuredā€ (itā€™s type 2). All I need to do is move more and eat less šŸ˜³šŸ˜¢

EDIT: My knowledge that diet and exercise will cure/reverse type 2 diabetes as a opposed to the OPs illness that canā€™t be.

Last edited:
I could fix that - and itā€™s people like you that highlight the fact that my illness can be ā€œcuredā€ (itā€™s type 2). All I need to do is move more and eat less šŸ˜³šŸ˜¢
I know your diabetes can't be cured and i'm not stating that fact, as my mom had it bad and i've seen her go through some terrible stages with it, it's a nightmare to control your at risk like me regarding the covid and that's why i stated sorry to hear you have diabetes....no harm meant :sad:

No offence taken, type 2 can be ā€œcured/reversedā€ through diet and exercise which is why when faced with someone with something ā€œproperā€ I feel I should get off my &#Ā£% and do something positive before I get any older/worseā€¦

No offence taken, type 2 can be ā€œcured/reversedā€ through diet and exercise which is why when faced with someone with something ā€œproperā€ I feel I should get off my &#Ā£% and do something positive before I get any older/worseā€¦
No we all have issues one way or another and sorry for making you feel that way. šŸ¤—
My mom was on a fixed diet and carried weight and she still couldn't get it under control and nobody knows how someone is regarding health unless they're living with them.

Naughts i have MCTD with over 10 autoimmune diseases and they must have trialed it on people who have Lupus etc and i read an artical where professors stated it doesn't help them and it won't because of our B&T cell rates are high.

I've had my 2 injections only because my hubby wanted me to as i was frightened to have them putting a foreign body in my system which could have made me worse, to this day my hubby gets me what i need, fully covered with a mask and gloves and if family come it's out doors with a distance and it's made me paranoid.
I'm so sorry you're going through this Tez.
I know a family where the mum is in a similar position. She had the vaccines and luckily didn't react badly but she still won't go out and, like you, only has visitors in the garden.
Is there an online group where MCTD sufferers can share their experiences and feel less alone?
I hope that science finds more answers soon to alleviate all the worry.
šŸ¤—

I'm so sorry you're going through this Tez.
I know a family where the mum is in a similar position. She had the vaccines and luckily didn't react badly but she still won't go out and, like you, only has visitors in the garden.
Is there an online group where MCTD sufferers can share their experiences and feel less alone?
I hope that science finds more answers soon to alleviate all the worry.
šŸ¤—
Oh bless you Naughts šŸ¤— i'm 52 and had quite a few of these from a child genetically and more have progressed down the years but i'm used to it and there's more people out there worse off in life than myself, who don't know what one day from another is, so i think myself lucky in that respect.

I joined a group many years ago, then they asked me to mod it and the lot got to much so i packed it in but i do love the fish forum, i know you don't see me often but i get on when i can.

This data may have been posted already however I just came across it and was surprised so many people who had two jabs were still going into the ICU, is 43 people out of 140 going into the ICU who had two jabs a good thing or neutral think compared to the usual rate of ICU use with no jabs? This is in Sydney.

This data may have been posted already however I just came across it and was surprised so many people who had two jabs were still going into the ICU, is 43 people out of 140 going into the ICU who had two jabs a good thing or neutral think compared to the usual rate of ICU use with no jabs? This is in Sydney.

What surprises me is your lack of media literacy and your failure to identify false and fake news before reposting it.

What surprises me is your lack of media literacy and your failure to identify false and fake news before reposting it.

LOL well I found it strange as the stats seemed awfully high, however there are more variants of the virus, however I have just learned it was indeed false.

People are dying in Sydney (Australia) but they are not vaccinated. Apparently a number of people are being taken to hospital by family members but the people are dead on arrival. The doctors and government are telling people to come in earlier if they have any symptoms.

A lot of people in new South Wales (Sydney is the capital of NSW) have only had one jab and many have only just got their second jab recently. You aren't safe until several weeks after the second jab because the body needs time to mount an offence to the second jab. So some people are ending up in hospital after the second jab but it is shortly after they have had it (within a few days).

Having said all this, there have been people that have had both jabs a while back and they are catching covid19, but they are not ending up in the emergency ward.

If staff don't want to be vaccinated, they can stay home and not get paid. Stuff them, I am sick of people not wanting to be vaccinated because they are afraid of microchips growing in their head or some other stupid idea. If they aren't vaccinated, they endanger other people in public and at the workplace and should not be allowed to come in contact with other people.

People are dying in Sydney (Australia) but they are not vaccinated. Apparently a number of people are being taken to hospital by family members but the people are dead on arrival. The doctors and government are telling people to come in earlier if they have any symptoms.
Yeh, it's definitely a good idea to go to the hospital before you are dead.
@Colin_T
What percentage of people in AU are fully vaccinated? Have you been vaccinated yet--you should be in a high risk group that should qualify earlier than younger folks

Over 60% of the people in my state have been fully vaccinated. I got mine 5 months ago. I foresee a booster shot being recommended very soon.

What percentage of people in AU are fully vaccinated? Have you been vaccinated yet--you should be in a high risk group that should qualify earlier than younger folks
According to the government, 40% (cough bullsit cough) of the population has been vaccinated. However, according to the press and health officials, about 18% of people over 16 or 18? years of age have been vaccinated. But they are not saying if its 18% of people that have had both jabs or only one jab. It's most likely 1 jab because most of those vaccinated have only been done in the last month while the delta strain has been active in the eastern states. And since there is a 12 week wait between jabs for AZ and 6 weeks for Pfizer, it cannot be both jabs in 1 month. So I am going with about 18% of the population aged over 16 has had at least 1 jab.

There is confirmation that at least 10% of the people aged over 16 have had both jabs.

According to the federal government, all old people in retirement homes and nursing homes have been fully vaccinated. However, people working in these places are saying not everyone has been vaccinated yet and most staff still haven't been vaccinated.

As for me, I still can't get a vaccine here and I have less than 3 weeks to find a place to live before I become homeless during winter and during a pandemic.

The scum sucking premier of this state and all the politicians have been vaccinated. But most people in my town have not been vaccinated, and over 30% of the people here are aged over 50. I couldn't even get a vaccination when I was taken into hospital a week ago for suicide watch because they didn't have any at the hospital.

The delta strain is going nuts over east and the stupid governments won't lock down their states for 2 weeks to stop it. We can't get vaccinated in WA, and the whole thing is a bloody shambles. The vaccine rollout in this country is pathetic, stuffed and not happening.

I only had to wait 3 weeks between 1st vaccination and when I got the 2nd vaccination. I had the Pfizer vaccination.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back