Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
there's a woman in charge of new South wales and they have the delta strain going nuts there now

I'm just one of those people still having to be careful meeting with others, i'm still stuck in the home since it bl**dy started excuse my french, even my hubby went and purchased my new tank for me 😭

Around here, because the vaccine is so widely available (you can walk into CVS or make an appointment at Kroger’s a day in advance) to everyone older than 12, things are pretty chill. Masks are only required to be worn by unvaccinated people, and at this point a lot of people are taking the opinion “if you choose not to get vaccinated, we aren’t responsible to keep you safe by quarantining and wearing masks, quarantine and wear a mask yourself”

Edit: of course if the vaccine weren’t widely available here it would be different

Around here, because the vaccine is so widely available (you can walk into CVS or make an appointment at Kroger’s a day in advance) to everyone older than 12, things are pretty chill. Masks are only required to be worn by unvaccinated people, and at this point a lot of people are taking the opinion “if you choose not to get vaccinated, we aren’t responsible to keep you safe by quarantining and wearing masks, quarantine and wear a mask yourself”

Edit: of course if the vaccine weren’t widely available here it would be different
What about the people who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons? Or choose not to because they are immunocompromised and don't know if their body will respond appropriately. Or who are pregnant and are receiving conflicting information about vaccine safety and the unborn baby.

I understand the whole society can't quarantine, but if people have symptoms, or are close contacts of a positive case, they should isolate.
And how hard is it to wear a mask? It's a lot easier than having a breathing tube.

What about the people who can't get vaccinated for medical reasons? Or choose not to because they are immunocompromised and don't know if their body will respond appropriately. Or who are pregnant and are receiving conflicting information about vaccine safety and the unborn baby.
Those are the people that should be staying quarantined, because if they’re worried about the vaccine doing those things to them, the virus itself is going to be a whole lot worse, most likely. I definitely respect the concerns about the vaccine, and that some people choose not to get it, and that there is a LOT of misinformation out there. My family is still careful and cautious, but we are vaccinated. I mean if someone isn’t gonna get vaccinated, yes that is 100% within reason, it should still be required of them to wear masks. Even though we are vaccinated, me and my family still wear masks when we go to the dentist or the doctor or the dermatologist or anywhere that still asks that we do.

Those are the people that should be staying quarantined, because if they’re worried about the vaccine doing those things to them, the virus itself is going to be a whole lot worse, most likely. I definitely respect the concerns about the vaccine, and that some people choose not to get it, and that there is a LOT of misinformation out there. My family is still careful and cautious, but we are vaccinated. I mean if someone isn’t gonna get vaccinated, yes that is 100% within reason, it should still be required of them to wear masks. Even though we are vaccinated, me and my family still wear masks when we go to the dentist or the doctor or the dermatologist or anywhere that still asks that we do.
There's a huge difference between healthy people who choose to take the risk of not being vaccinated, and vulnerable people for whom vaccination is a big risk. I think that distinction may be lost at the moment as the US has a problem with people not getting the vaccine. In the UK 88% of adults are vaccinated which will make it a lot safer for the vulnerable to go about their lives.

Last edited:
There's a huge difference between healthy people who choose to take the risk of not being vaccinated, and vulnerable people for whom vaccination is a big risk. I think that distinction may be lost at the moment as the US has a problem with people not getting the vaccine. In the UK 88% of adults are vaccinated which will make it a lot safer for the vulnerable to go about their lives.
i understand that, and honestly I’m not sure what the situation is in the UK, but yes around here there’s tons of people simply refusing to get it just to be difficult, in a way

Edit: I apologize if my comments earlier seemed harsh, or inconsiderate, or something, I absolutely understand there is a lot of misinformation out there, many people have valid reasons to not get the vaccine. Here in the US, people refuse to get the vaccine, but then also refuse to wear masks and quarantine. People go to church and work and camp when they know they’re sick, I’ve even heard of people testing positive for COVID then going to their daughters wedding anyway.

Last edited:
A doctor in intensive care at a local hospital has been writing a blog on his Covid 19 experience, and our local news website has permission to publish excerpts. A recent part of the blog appearing on the news website said that the majority of people in this hospital with Covid have not been vaccinated and the reasons quoted include can't be bothered, don't have time, can't make an appointment, through to people who don't believe Covid exists and anti vaxers.
In today's excerpt there is an item on a seriously ill pregnant woman who had an emergency caesarian to save the baby. He is quoted as saying that 95% of pregnant women admitted to his hospital with Covid have not been vaccinated.

People overhere are a bit scared to go on a vacation this summer season with all the color changing of countries on the Covid card. But they also feel sad for not going away with the current weather conditions. Today is one of those days, that it's hot, shiny, wind, rain and cooling down again. Not really the perfect summer...

This is something that concerns me because we get lots of conflicting info here about pregnant women. One minute they should be vaccinated, then they shouldn't because it might harm them and the baby. Most doctors are now telling women who are thinking of getting pregnant to get vaccinated several months before they even try, and pregnant women are currently not allowed to get vaccinated.

I understand the whole society can't quarantine, but if people have symptoms, or are close contacts of a positive case, they should isolate.
And how hard is it to wear a mask? It's a lot easier than having a breathing tube.
Naughts i have MCTD with over 10 autoimmune diseases and they must have trialed it on people who have Lupus etc and i read an artical where professors stated it doesn't help them and it won't because of our B&T cell rates are high.

I've had my 2 injections only because my hubby wanted me to as i was frightened to have them putting a foreign body in my system which could have made me worse, to this day my hubby gets me what i need, fully covered with a mask and gloves and if family come it's out doors with a distance and it's made me paranoid.

Naughts i have MCTD with over 10 autoimmune diseases and they must have trialed it on people who have Lupus etc and i read an artical where professors stated it doesn't help them and it won't because of our B&T cell rates are high.
I’m sorry, I don’t know what all these abbreviations mean. But I do understand your paranoia, I’m the wrong side of 50, overweight and have diabetes; I’m a little more relaxed now I’ve had both my jabs, but first time round I became almost reclusive with worry.

Do what you need to to keep yourself physically and mentally well…

I do understand your paranoia
I'm on chemo medication to treat my illnesses as there's no cure and it depresses the immune system even lower than it is now and the slightest cold someone could carry i can catch and having organ issues and how it can affect a person it's just made me paranoid sorry.

Sorry to hear you've got diabetes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back