Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
They're saying protection afforded by the vaccine can start to wane after 6 months. If they don't offer a booster, the new variants which are more transmissable can start the spread of covid again, perhaps even to those who were vaccinated.
This is still fluid - they are continously running studies on this matter. The latest I heard (at least with the pfiz. vac) is that they now think they will last a year. THe other thing that is showing up is that even if you do get sick you are not likely to have long haul issues that a lot of people are suffering but the press mostly ignores.

Here in the US, the CDC is considering recommending that people 65 or older and people with compromised immune systems now get a booster shot.

Last edited:
Latest news from Australia.

Stupid arrogant people right across the country have been protesting lock downs and thousands gathered in New South Wales (NSW) and most were not wearing masks. The majority of people at the protest were young adults (20-35) and most were male. NSW has had the delta strain running rampant for the last month and cannot control it and the government is concerned this will be a super spreader event.

People in Western Australia (WA) were also protesting lock downs even though we aren't in a lock down. I have no idea why the idiots were protesting here when they aren't affected.

Our country has reached code dark red. A number of countries are taking measures again against dutch tourists. The spreading of the delta variant is going massively at this point.

In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reversed course Tuesday on some masking guidelines, recommending that even vaccinated people return to wearing masks indoors in parts of the U.S. where the coronavirus is surging.

In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reversed course Tuesday on some masking guidelines, recommending that even vaccinated people return to wearing masks indoors in parts of the U.S. where the coronavirus is surging.
That's caused by the delta strain, which came from India and is spreading across Australia, Indonesia, New Guinea, UK and the US, as well as other countries around the world. It's a real nasty strain that is contagious for up to 4 days before people show any symptoms. By then it's too late because people have been out and about spreading it.

Weirdly the case numbers in England have dropped significantly in the last 7 days, despite all restrictions being relaxed on the 19th July. They reached a high of 54,674 on 17 July and fell to 24,950 on 26 July. (The Guardian)

That's caused by the delta strain, which came from India and is spreading across Australia, Indonesia, New Guinea, UK and the US, as well as other countries around the world. It's a real nasty strain that is contagious for up to 4 days before people show any symptoms. By then it's too late because people have been out and about spreading it.
My aunt in Oklahoma had the Delta strain the entire time I was down there for a week over the summer. They didn’t tell us until three weeks later, at which point every one of my non vaccinated extended family had COVID from getting together for the fourth. My family is very glad we were all (all of us who were old enough) able to get both our doses of the vaccine two weeks before we left, so we didn’t bring it back with us. Every single unvaccinated family member got it, not a single vaccinated one did, we even got tested to be safe.

Edit: even if any of us vaccinated family members did get it, we didn’t show symptoms, which in my mind goes to show how effective the vaccine is at either preventing or reducing the effects of the virus

Weirdly the case numbers in England have dropped significantly in the last 7 days, despite all restrictions being relaxed on the 19th July. They reached a high of 54,674 on 17 July and fell to 24,950 on 26 July. (The Guardian)
But Covid related deaths are at their highest since March….

Edit: even if any of us vaccinated family members did get it, we didn’t show symptoms, which in my mind goes to show how effective the vaccine is at either preventing or reducing the effects of the virus
Which vaccine did you get?
Some vaccines seem to deal with the delta strain better than other vaccines.

That's only the recorded figures, but with people deleting the app those figures are likely to be an under- representation. The true numbers could actually be much higher.

Here on the West Coast, New Zealand. Covid-19 what's that. Our lives are just going on as like nothing has ever happened. I don't even follow what is happening in the USA now Trump isn't there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back