Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

overhere (usa) the detal variant has shown up and the govt is warning that due to people resistance to vaccination we might have to shutdown again. While much of the world cannot obtain vaccination we have the problem that a bunch (35%-45%) of the people simply don't want to be vaccinated.
I respect people's choice not to get vaccinated. But we should fight these viruses together. I had my two shots already...

I respect people's choice not to get vaccinated. But we should fight these viruses together. I had my two shots already...
If people didn't get vaccinated for polio 60-70 years ago, that would still be a huge problem today. Same with mumps, measles, chicken pox, small pox and so many other viruses. And whilst mumps, measles and chicken pox are appearing again, it is because parents are refusing to get their babies and young children vaccinated for these diseases.

The fastest way to defeat a virus is to get vaccinated. If you don't want to be vaccinated, go live a solitary life and never come in contact with another person or animal.

If people didn't get vaccinated for polio 60-70 years ago, that would still be a huge problem today. Same with mumps, measles, chicken pox, small pox and so many other viruses. And whilst mumps, measles and chicken pox are appearing again, it is because parents are refusing to get their babies and young children vaccinated for these diseases.

The fastest way to defeat a virus is to get vaccinated. If you don't want to be vaccinated, go live a solitary life and never come in contact with another person or animal.
Overhere, there are still a lot of persons who just refuse to be vaccinated.

My last statement on the topic but with this logic we could not have speed limits and allow everyone from 1 day old to 101 old to have guns (of course in usa that is almost possible anyway). The reason why choice shouldn't be allowed here is because it effects everyone - i.e., your decision to not get vaccinated impacts others in a serious way. One could argue that those who are vaccinated are not as likely to get ill and so you should have that choice but the dynamics are a bit more complex here since the virus rate of mutation to something for which a vaccine does not yet exist is much faster and a serious risk to the general population. In this specific case a serious risk. This ignores other social issue such as medical cost (i.e, those who are not vaccinated still expect the general population to help with their medical bills via various programs as well as other costs support by the general population). Now if we could restrict those who make the choice to not be vaccinate do their own little island of unvaccinated people the discussion would be a bit different.

My last statement on the topic but with this logic we could not have speed limits and allow everyone from 1 day old to 101 old to have guns (of course in usa that is almost possible anyway). The reason why choice shouldn't be allowed here is because it effects everyone - i.e., your decision to not get vaccinated impacts others in a serious way. One could argue that those who are vaccinated are not as likely to get ill and so you should have that choice but the dynamics are a bit more complex here since the virus rate of mutation to something for which a vaccine does not yet exist is much faster and a serious risk to the general population. In this specific case a serious risk. This ignores other social issue such as medical cost (i.e, those who are not vaccinated still expect the general population to help with their medical bills via various programs as well as other costs support by the general population). Now if we could restrict those who make the choice to not be vaccinate do their own little island of unvaccinated people the discussion would be a bit different.
I agree: It's balancing freedom of action with social responsibility. There are times when the latter must trump the former.

West Coast, New Zealand. Keep everyone away, why get vaccinated. I don't 100% trust the vaccines. Rather stay away from people.

Due to all the lockdowns in Australia, shops have run out of stock because people have been stock piling again, and guess what they are stock piling? Toilet paper. The lock downs in Australia range from 4 days to 2 weeks and apparently, everyone is concerned they will run out of dunny paper during that time.

Due to all the lockdowns in Australia, shops have run out of stock because people have been stock piling again, and guess what they are stock piling? Toilet paper. The lock downs in Australia range from 4 days to 2 weeks and apparently, everyone is concerned they will run out of dunny paper during that time.
yea. We had that problem too. I never understood of all the things people rush out and buy it is toilet paper. I wasn't aware of what was happening but every 3 months or so i need to buy some myself and when I went to buy my normal package i discovered all the shops were sold out. Was totally amazed....

yea. We had that problem too. I never understood of all the things people rush out and buy it is toilet paper. I wasn't aware of what was happening but every 3 months or so i need to buy some myself and when I went to buy my normal package i discovered all the shops were sold out. Was totally amazed....
It was one of those things that I was always thinking I needed to buy. So I'd buy some. Come the start of the pandemic and I found I had 88 rolls! I'm still using them up....

Apparently, people tend to stay in the restroom during covid... 🤣😜😅 For why would you buy that much toilet paper anyways...?

I heard/read about the loo roll at the beginning of this pandemic and a psychologist said that lots of people needed to do “something“ to feel that they were in control. Apparently loo rolls met that need. They were cheap and wouldn’t go off. We also had issues with pasta…

I heard/read about the loo roll at the beginning of this pandemic and a psychologist said that lots of people needed to do “something“ to feel that they were in control. Apparently loo rolls met that need. They were cheap and wouldn’t go off. We also had issues with pasta…
I feel the need, the need to go potty.

I feel the need, the need to buy dunny paper.

Yay, I am safe from the pandemic hiding in my house made of toilet paper.

Irony. An infected person went to a vaccination clinic in the eastern states of Australia and now everyone that was at the clinic during a 2 hour period on that day is considered infected. You go to the clinic to get vaccinated so you don't catch the virus, but you catch the virus while there :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back