Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Both my daughter and I have had messages to say we need to isolate for 6 days; my partner and son donā€™t have the app, so no message for them. My daughter has been told the children donā€™t have to isolate as they donā€™t have the app and did not get the messageā€¦where is the sense in all this..?
I had the alert asking me to isolate during my 7 days ALONE in my house when I was painting, wallpapering etc. I did not see a single living soul, did not get any parcels, literally nothing. Still was warned to stay inside and isolate. Not sure from what and why, safe to say I very much disregarded that. I have a church close to my house, I bet it was because I was in a close radius.

Now I want to get the vaccine but the website sends me waaaaay too far for it, there is no way I will spend an hour travelling for a vaccine when in the meantime they are all yappy about unnecessary travel and whatnot. I do not find 1h trip needed, I work from home and I can get essential items online so they can respectfully kiss my backside with this whole vaccine drama. I just hope something closer to me will become available

I had the alert asking me to isolate during my 7 days ALONE in my house when I was painting, wallpapering etc. I did not see a single living soul, did not get any parcels, literally nothing. Still was warned to stay inside and isolate. Not sure from what and why, safe to say I very much disregarded that. I have a church close to my house, I bet it was because I was in a close radius.

Now I want to get the vaccine but the website sends me waaaaay too far for it, there is no way I will spend an hour travelling for a vaccine when in the meantime they are all yappy about unnecessary travel and whatnot. I do not find 1h trip needed, I work from home and I can get essential items online so they can respectfully kiss my backside with this whole vaccine drama. I just hope something closer to me will become available
It's quite possible that you will get offered a closer appointment soon. People in England have ignored invites for vaccine centres then got an offer to book a local one, sometimes just one day later. It may be similar in Wales.

It's quite possible that you will get offered a closer appointment soon. People in England have ignored invites for vaccine centres then got an offer to book a local one, sometimes just one day later. It may be similar in Wales.
Yeah my friend had that and he just said to try to book it every few days and eventually something closer to me should pop up :) I hope it does, I am genuinely happy to get vaccinated, just don't see the travelling as a priority since I rarely go anywhere šŸ˜‚

Well this doesn't sound very good.. So what justifies an overnight stay in the hospital I wonder??

Sky News: https://news.sky.com/story/covid-ne...nt-indian-delta-easing-g7-12326752?inApp=true

10:57

83 people in hospital with Indian variant were fully vaccinated

More detail from that PHE report here, and some potentially worrying figures around the breakdown of hospital attendances.

Of the 1,234 people who attended A&E in England between February 1 and June 7 and who were confirmed as having the Delta variant, 825 (67%) were unvaccinated, 220 (18%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine, and 83 (7%) were more than 14 days after their second dose.

And of the 383 cases where attendance at A&E resulted in an overnight admission, 251 (66%) were unvaccinated, 66 (17%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine and 42 (11%) were more than 14 days after their second.

Well this doesn't sound very good.. So what justifies an overnight stay in the hospital I wonder??

Sky News: https://news.sky.com/story/covid-ne...nt-indian-delta-easing-g7-12326752?inApp=true

More detail from that PHE report here, and some potentially worrying figures around the breakdown of hospital attendances.

Of the 1,234 people who attended A&E in England between February 1 and June 7 and who were confirmed as having the Delta variant, 825 (67%) were unvaccinated, 220 (18%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine, and 83 (7%) were more than 14 days after their second dose.

And of the 383 cases where attendance at A&E resulted in an overnight admission, 251 (66%) were unvaccinated, 66 (17%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine and 42 (11%) were more than 14 days after their second.
And the R rate has been reported as being between 1.2 and 1.4 - 12 to 14 new infections for every 10 šŸ˜¢

Well Western Australia is still crap when it comes to getting a vaccine.

Any child 12 or over can now get vaccinated in the Northern Territory.
People 16 and over can be done in Queensland.
In most other parts of the country people over 18 are getting vaccinated.
In Perth, Western Australia, (80km north of me), they have mass vaccinations going on at sporting complexes.
Here in Mandurah, I still can't get a fuplie vaccine.

When Perth goes into lock down, we go into lock down. The politicians in Perth have all been vaccinated, but nobody in my town has been done and over one third of the population here is over 50 years of age.

I keep asking the federal government when I can be done and they palm the matter off the the state government, who don't answer. The state government ignores my request for help. The cops, ambos (paramedics), doctors, mental health system, even the real estate agents are all saying we will help you get a vaccine. But here I am, still unable to get a vaccine.

I am so fed up with this crap. I can't get vaccinated to save my life but everyone else in the country can. I am so sick and tired of this crap.

---------------------
edited to add, just then on the news, the Prime Minister of Australia is travelling overseas because he has been vaccinated. And several state premiers and other politicians have been vaccinated so they can go to Japan for the Olympics. What a load of crap, what an utter load of crap

Last edited:

I've just worked the weekend and admitted multiple people. To stay overnight purely due to covid you need to be on oxygen - otherwise we are discharging with follow up.

I've a couple of patients admitted for non covid reasons (or only marginally related) but covid positive and needing isolation. Most patients are unvaccinated, a couple had had 1. I have had fully vaccinated patients but they had other issues making it likely they had not responded. Clearly I cant give any more detail than this.

Around 85% of the virus in the UK now is the Delta Variant. Its estimated to be 50% more transmissable. The R rate in the NOrth West of England where I work is 1-1.3. Hospital admissions are not going up as rapidly as the positive cases and the older age group are doing much better - so vaccination is for the most part working. There will always be a small percentage that still become ill, we have increased the number in ITU in the last week.

We are seeing sick younger people. Those in their 20s and 30s are much less likely to become seriously ill - but when you look at a big population even 1% is a lot of people.

I am confident continuing the current levels of restriction is needed, even though the outcomes are less severe - if the cases rise at the current rate we will still see large numbers of very sick people. There's a very difficult balance between the economy and health. I'm clearly biased as a medic. A third peak was entirely predictable in any of the models used to aid decision making. I hope we can get enough vaccines out to prevent the levels of harm we saw previously

Update from Australia.

We have uncontrolled local transmission of the Delta strain of Covid19 in New South Wales (NSW), Victoria (Vic), Queensland (Qld), the Northern Territory (NT), and Western Australia (WA). These states are all going into lockdown. My town is in lockdown too now because Perth is. Five of the states and territories in Australia have local transmission and we only have eight states and territories in total and one of those is Tasmania, which is an island on the south coast.

About 4% of the adult population has received 2 vaccinations. The Federal government is claiming 28% of all adults have received at least one vaccination but the medical experts on television now are saying it is way less than that (about 8-10%).

Three quarters of aged care works still haven't been vaccinated.

Most emergency services workers (Police, Fire, Ambos/ Paramedics) haven't been vaccinated.

The Federal Government has said the Astra Zeneca vaccine is only to be used on people over 60 and is phasing it out due to lots of people here getting blood clots and needing major hospital care or dying. And the Pfizer vaccine is not available in sufficient quantities to treat many people. Apparently Australia will be receiving a large volume of Pfizer vaccines in October 2021 and hopefully most adults will be able to get at least one vaccination by sometime next year. They aren't sure when.

Meanwhile, nobody in the government is responding to my requests for help getting a vaccine and I have about 6 weeks left before I become homeless during winter, and during a viral pandemic that is going to kill me if I catch it. I can't deal with this anymore :(

Yesterday, I had my second shot of Pfizer. Today, I've got a real sore arm.
Overhere, a lot of restrictions are gone. Less, corona patients at the hospital. But it turned out that we do have a lot of positive tested people again. Who have to stay home of course. It wouldn't surprise me if we'll have a lockdown again somewhere this year.

Yesterday, I had my second shot of Pfizer. Today, I've got a real sore arm.
Overhere, a lot of restrictions are gone. Less, corona patients at the hospital. But it turned out that we do have a lot of positive tested people again. Who have to stay home of course. It wouldn't surprise me if we'll have a lockdown again somewhere this year.
That's where we're headed too. It's the delta variant over here. My daughter was due to emigrate to China in August, but they've just closed their borders to the UK because of our increasing infection rates. :confused:

That's where we're headed too. It's the delta variant over here. My daughter was due to emigrate to China in August, but they've just closed their borders to the UK because of our increasing infection rates. :confused:
Overhere the delta variant has showed up as well. But the goverment thinks that it won't spread like the regular one. I've got my doubts to be honest...

Overhere the delta variant has showed up as well. But the goverment thinks that it won't spread like the regular one. I've got my doubts to be honest...
Itā€™s spreading like mad hereā€¦more daily infections than the original ā€˜first waveā€™. The only saving factor is that the vaccines are stopping people from getting so ill they are hospitalised and die.

Itā€™s spreading like mad hereā€¦more daily infections than the original ā€˜first waveā€™. The only saving factor is that the vaccines are stopping people from getting so ill they are hospitalised and die.
I don't think that this year it will be all over.

Here in the US, 46% have been fully vaccinated. In my area over 60% have been fully vaccinated. Lockdowns have eased - restaurants are now serving inside. Sports stadiums are allowing seating again. Things are gradually getting back to near normal.

overhere (usa) the detal variant has shown up and the govt is warning that due to people resistance to vaccination we might have to shutdown again. While much of the world cannot obtain vaccination we have the problem that a bunch (35%-45%) of the people simply don't want to be vaccinated.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back