Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Well I'm back to starving again. In a country that grows 80% of its own food and I can't go shopping to buy anything because I don't have a mask and it is illegal to go outside without one.

I went to the shop last week and they didn't have much in stock so I bought what I could. I need to shop again because I am out of food. However, I can't get into the shop without a mask and I can't buy a mask because I need to get into the shop to buy one.

I wrote to the government about this and they did a copy & paste to visit their stupid website. I checked their website before I contacted them and it doesn't answer any questions. I contacted them again and they haven't responded.

And the oven that got fixed two weeks blew up again so I can't even go back to eating cats.

And I'm still trying to find a place to live but there's nothing available and when the place gets sold, it looks like I will be back on the street living in a broken car during a pandemic.

I've had enough of this, so fed up with everything

Well I'm back to starving again. In a country that grows 80% of its own food and I can't go shopping to buy anything because I don't have a mask and it is illegal to go outside without one.

I went to the shop last week and they didn't have much in stock so I bought what I could. I need to shop again because I am out of food. However, I can't get into the shop without a mask and I can't buy a mask because I need to get into the shop to buy one.

I wrote to the government about this and they did a copy & paste to visit their stupid website. I checked their website before I contacted them and it doesn't answer any questions. I contacted them again and they haven't responded.

And the oven that got fixed two weeks blew up again so I can't even go back to eating cats.

And I'm still trying to find a place to live but there's nothing available and when the place gets sold, it looks like I will be back on the street living in a broken car during a pandemic.

Hang in there Colin things will work out for you. Because you help people, people will help you ;)

That's sad man. :(

You could fashion a super cheap mask out of an old t-shirt or something, just so you could go to the store.

I wouldn't really expect a response from the government about that. If your government is worse or just like mine, they don't respond to anyone who isn't their friend.

Don't do anything rash, Colin. As another members stated, cut up an old t-shirt and fashion it into a mask. And then go buy the food you need. Get yourself a phone through Magicjack so you can contact landlords and authorities for another place to live. And you'll have a phone for emergencies. You can download a magic jack app and then use your computer to make calls or attach the device right into your computer to make calls.

Do you have a lease? They can't throw you out til the lease expires.

Has anyone read any articles that explain why some of the vacines are considered safe in comparison to the usual checks?

Well how do you buy one then? They have them outside of the store fronts in the big supermarkets here, mind you they charge a lot more than if you buy online.

I tried to set up an online account with the local supermarkets so I could do my shopping online and have it delivered. They require a mobile phone number to set up the account and without that, you can't set one up.

I contacted the supermarkets by email and asked them how I am meant to set up an online shopping account without a phone, and they haven't responded.

-----------------
I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to get a government department that deals with poor and homeless people, or people that are going to become homeless, to help me. They made me jump through hoops and kept saying call them. I kept replying by saying I don't have a phone and there are no pay phones. I also mentioned my car was stuffed. They responded by telling me to call them. I repeated my previous comments and they told me to drive up and see them. I repeated my comments and did my nut and told them they were discriminating against people without a phone. They sent me an email and said fill out the questionnaire and return it to us. I filled it out and sent it to them. It was bounced back as spam.

Eventually I got the info to them (copy & paste it on their website's contact us page) and they replied by sending me a heap of contacts and their phone numbers. :(

-----------------
I got a letter from the real estate agent yesterday saying they are doing another forced entry on Thursday to fix things. I haven't put any new work orders in and have no idea why they are coming around. They haven't fixed anything in 4 years and now they come around to fix god knows what, and during a lock down when nobody is meant to be out in public.

-----------------
About the only positive thing that has happened is it rained for 3 days and I didn't have to water the lawn. And the jerks next door appear to have finished building their new shed and I have had 3 nights sleep where I got 8 hours sleep. Previously I had been getting 3-4 hours sleep and was being woken up at 6:30am by the ahole drilling and grinding sheets of tin and smashing up an old shed. It's illegal to make excessive noise like this before 7am. Followed by earth moving kicking up heaps of dust for 2 weeks, and then compactors running all day for two days, making my place shake like an 8 hour earthquake. Light fittings rattling, windows rattling and coming out of the guide rails. Me hiding under the door frame waiting for the roof to cave in. I couldn't go outside due to the dust being thrown up into the air. I went out yesterday to clean my car and there is 1/4 inch of dust on it. I can't wash my car because the stupid power window is stuck down and wont wind up. so fuplie sick of this

On the news just then, the WHO scientists in China just finished their investigation into covid19 and said the Wuhan wet market was most likely the major cause of the problem and the virus probably came from bats and pangolins.

The wet markets are an inevitable source of trouble. A calm, relaxed animal in its natural environment may be exposed to virii but be healthy and fit enough to deal with it. In the confined environment of the market stalls, they are STRESSED, their systems are coping with this, and combating health problems are not as highly resourced.

I tried to set up an online account with the local supermarkets so I could do my shopping online and have it delivered. They require a mobile phone number to set up the account and without that, you can't set one up.

I contacted the supermarkets by email and asked them how I am meant to set up an online shopping account without a phone, and they haven't responded.

-----------------
I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to get a government department that deals with poor and homeless people, or people that are going to become homeless, to help me. They made me jump through hoops and kept saying call them. I kept replying by saying I don't have a phone and there are no pay phones. I also mentioned my car was stuffed. They responded by telling me to call them. I repeated my previous comments and they told me to drive up and see them. I repeated my comments and did my nut and told them they were discriminating against people without a phone. They sent me an email and said fill out the questionnaire and return it to us. I filled it out and sent it to them. It was bounced back as spam.

Eventually I got the info to them (copy & paste it on their website's contact us page) and they replied by sending me a heap of contacts and their phone numbers. :(

-----------------
I got a letter from the real estate agent yesterday saying they are doing another forced entry on Thursday to fix things. I haven't put any new work orders in and have no idea why they are coming around. They haven't fixed anything in 4 years and now they come around to fix god knows what, and during a lock down when nobody is meant to be out in public.

-----------------
About the only positive thing that has happened is it rained for 3 days and I didn't have to water the lawn. And the jerks next door appear to have finished building their new shed and I have had 3 nights sleep where I got 8 hours sleep. Previously I had been getting 3-4 hours sleep and was being woken up at 6:30am by the ahole drilling and grinding sheets of tin and smashing up an old shed. It's illegal to make excessive noise like this before 7am. Followed by earth moving kicking up heaps of dust for 2 weeks, and then compactors running all day for two days, making my place shake like an 8 hour earthquake. Light fittings rattling, windows rattling and coming out of the guide rails. Me hiding under the door frame waiting for the roof to cave in. I couldn't go outside due to the dust being thrown up into the air. I went out yesterday to clean my car and there is 1/4 inch of dust on it. I can't wash my car because the stupid power window is stuck down and wont wind up. so fuplie sick of this
I'm sure you've looked into this but here in the UK there is more support for people because of the pandemic to help those struggling to get food. Info might be online?
Also here, some stores have free disposable face masks in case you forget yours. Do they have that anywhere in Australia so you could get some food?
It sounds like you really need a phone to function. Are there any organisations giving away old ones? Or a friend/ neighbour that could lend you one to get things moving?

I see lots of instances of people trying to help others right now, I hope you manage to hook up with someone/ somewhere that can help you through.
Sending best wishes.

@Colin_T
It's time to get a fuplie phone already. How many times does it take for you to experience roadblocks accessing RE agents and the authorities for you to realize you need have a phone. If you have a heart attack, you need to be able to call for emergency help. A magic jack is only about $40 for a whole year. Get a fuplie phone!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back