Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

That is a lie because are Prime Minister is such an idiot. And also schools are closed till mid February. I'm currently in an online class doing history but I have finished the work so I'm on here readin through the threads.

The priority group are just elderly and predominately vulnerable people. On this basis, you only need to give the vaccine to the minority of the population to solve the problem of NHS overloading. They've already given 1m vaccines and the population as a whole is only 66m.. The rate at which the vacine rolls out will accelerate with new vaccination centres.

I hope that after this is over, there is a class action suit against members of the cabinet PERSONALLY for interfering with this. They have no knowledge of medicine, virology - anything - but they feel they can stick an oar in here! Pfft! (I'm making a rude noise there)
You can't normally take legal action against politicians even when they do stupid things that endanger everyone. It's the same with judges and magistrates at the courts. They are all protected from prosecution by various laws because they are allegedly acting in the best interests of the community.

If the politicians commit a criminal act, then they can be charged by the Police but being a moron in government is unfortunately, not something you can sue them for. If we could, most politicians around the world would be sued :)

Well I just got confirmation the place I am renting is being put on the market (for sale) in March. I have been looking for other rental properties for the last 6 months and there has been nothing available due to covid and everyone staying put because of the virus.

I have to find somewhere else to live, I need to find a car/ van to move my stuff. I need someone to disconnect my washing machine hose from the tap because it is under a really badly designed sink.

I have to deal with the real estate agent sending trade people out to fix stuff, which is quite ironic considering the owners haven't done any work orders during the last 4 years I have been here, but now they are fixing things. I told the real estate agent to make sure anyone coming out here wears a face mask so I don't catch anything. Nobody has worn a mask yet and now the real estate agent is doing a forced entry in 2 weeks to fix things because I refuse to let people in without a mask. I will go fuplie apesit if they try to come in here without a mask on.

I will have to deal with people coming to view the property and potentially bring their virus into my home. And again they aren't going to be wearing masks.

I haven't been able to go outside for a walk for the last week because there has been 40-90kph easterly winds blowing dust and smoke all over the area. The house is full of dust and that is making it harder to breath.

I asked the government for help back in October and they responded yesterday telling me to go to a public hospital in Perth. The hospital in question was the first one in the state to have a confirmed drug resistant bacteria in it and that was over 20 years ago. I also live 100km south of Perth and specifically told the government I can't go into a hospital because they are full of drug resistant bacteria and sick people. I told them I didn't have a telephone and low and behold, they told me to call a number for some assistance.

I'm so fed up with this. I want this virus finished so I can get on with the last of my life and not die a horrible death caused by a new virus.

Well I just got confirmation the place I am renting is being put on the market (for sale) in March. I have been looking for other rental properties for the last 6 months and there has been nothing available due to covid and everyone staying put because of the virus.

I have to find somewhere else to live, I need to find a car/ van to move my stuff. I need someone to disconnect my washing machine hose from the tap because it is under a really badly designed sink.

I have to deal with the real estate agent sending trade people out to fix stuff, which is quite ironic considering the owners haven't done any work orders during the last 4 years I have been here, but now they are fixing things. I told the real estate agent to make sure anyone coming out here wears a face mask so I don't catch anything. Nobody has worn a mask yet and now the real estate agent is doing a forced entry in 2 weeks to fix things because I refuse to let people in without a mask. I will go fuplie apesit if they try to come in here without a mask on.

I will have to deal with people coming to view the property and potentially bring their virus into my home. And again they aren't going to be wearing masks.

I haven't been able to go outside for a walk for the last week because there has been 40-90kph easterly winds blowing dust and smoke all over the area. The house is full of dust and that is making it harder to breath.

I asked the government for help back in October and they responded yesterday telling me to go to a public hospital in Perth. The hospital in question was the first one in the state to have a confirmed drug resistant bacteria in it and that was over 20 years ago. I also live 100km south of Perth and specifically told the government I can't go into a hospital because they are full of drug resistant bacteria and sick people. I told them I didn't have a telephone and low and behold, they told me to call a number for some assistance.

I'm so fed up with this. I want this virus finished so I can get on with the last of my life and not die a horrible death caused by a new virus.
I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this- especially when people aren't even trying to keep you safe.

What a terrible situation to be in.

The priority group are just elderly and predominately vulnerable people. On this basis, you only need to give the vaccine to the minority of the population to solve the problem of NHS overloading. They've already given 1m vaccines and the population as a whole is only 66m.. The rate at which the vacine rolls out will accelerate with new vaccination centres.
*The rate at which the vacine rolls out will accelerate with new vaccination centres.*

You do realise that it is the BRITISH government "sorting" this out, don't you?

Wow @Colin_T & i thought we had it bad here. Pack your things & come here ? I really do feel sorry for people, Its so hard on some whilst others are milking all our finance schemes to death.
I doubt the world will recover from this financially in the next 5-10 years & this will affect everybody in the pocket aswell as mental health.
Crime statistics are up here cos the buildings are all empty of staff & they cant fund a good police service cos the money is spent elsewhere. I have been off work since last March as i have had multiple operations over the last few years to remove Skin Cancers & i am considered vunerable by the government but this virus is really not helping my sanity,I guess its the same for others.
Now another Lockdown, which is good for stopping the spread but for others its killing them anyway being locked away

*The rate at which the vacine rolls out will accelerate with new vaccination centres.*

You do realise that it is the BRITISH government "sorting" this out, don't you?

Britain has one of the world's best governments and I'd like to refer you to looking up the history of the British Empire. There will always be criticism to be made for any government but to boldy suggest they are incompetent at rolling out a simple vacine campaign just on the basis of its the British government doing it is plain flawed.

Colin i am sorry to hear your going through all this and your health being put at major risk, it all sounds disgraceful.
I doubt the world will recover from this financially in the next 5-10 years & this will affect everybody in the pocket aswell as mental health.
Jonny if we do recover from it, you watch the public be hit hard financially by tax as they'll need to pull it back some way and look at all that money wasted on masks and protection sitting in fields disgusting again.

Thoughts on coronavirus......
I am type 1 diabetic with stage 4 chronic kidney disease and COPD. I am a key worker....receptionist in a VERY busy garage, so I am in contact with people all day. I have a big screen up and will not let people in the office unless they wear a mask. I use anti bac wipes before i handle peoples keys and wipe the keys down as well. I feel pretty safe in work. Feel VERY unsafe in supermarkets due to inconsiderate people who cannot adhere to rules! Wont get into that one at the moment lol. Will I have the vaccine? Too right I will. Hate it when people are saying it has been rushed thru and that it normally takes 5 - 10 years to get a vaccine thru....10 years with a small team and a very small budget. This covid vaccine has been done with a massive team and unlimited budget
Anyway....stay safe and well all

Britain has one of the world's best governments and I'd like to refer you to looking up the history of the British Empire. There will always be criticism to be made for any government but to boldy suggest they are incompetent at rolling out a simple vacine campaign just on the basis of its the British government doing it is plain flawed.
This particular government is a cabal of self-serving, greedy, entitled bumh*les who care nothing for how ordinary people are suffering.

I don't think that ANY govt. could have been prepared for anything like this pandemic, but the mixed messages, "do as we say not as we do" attitude, and the contracts-for-mates carry-on is shameful.

They are refusing to follow the recommendations of the people who developed the vaccine, and they have had plenty of time to sort the logistics out - they haven't bothered. The whole lot of them want kicking into touch, and I just hope that in three years time all of the young people who will then be eligible to vote, will show what they think of them.

Unless they've dismantled the voting system by then, of course . . .

Colin i am sorry to hear your going through all this and your health being put at major risk, it all sounds disgraceful.

Jonny if we do recover from it, you watch the public be hit hard financially by tax as they'll need to pull it back some way and look at all that money wasted on masks and protection sitting in fields disgusting again.
And it won't be the likes of Rees-Mogg getting taxed to extinction, either.

UK relying on GPs to do all vaccinations and still not bringing in pharmacists or the army (or retired nurses - (I know several wh have volunteered) to help out. GPs complaining they are out of vaccine and waiting for delivery. Could it be the Govt dont actually have enough vaccine for 2 million per week?

Porl66, exactly how i feel, Even though ive not been back to work yet. But i know my workplace will take it very seriously as we are a Huge Global Brand company, No expense will ever be spared protecting the staff. Im tired of seeing people in super markets not wearing face coverings & stood in the middle of entrances or walkways gabbing, To me they are the super spreaders & are putting everybody at risk. But Humanity is full of dumb half wits, So what can we expect

As for the U.K government, I cant really say anything bad. Im not really a government person but they have had it tough, As soon as Boris had taken over he was threw right in the deep end with Brexit,Then the virus in between everything else he had a new baby. So i really dont envy the guy at all. Didnt really rate Hancock either thought he was a bit of a slimy git but to be fair to him he has been right on the pulse with updates & solutions

Tez i know what your saying, Fuel is going to rocket up, The price of food will also to claw back some money. Our food bill is disgusting expensive already, We have tried & tried to cut it down in every way possible but with 6 of us its very difficult & having 3 cars is where we going to suffer.
We spend almost £800 on food a month & fuel is prob another £200, So its going to put everybody into a worse situation

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back