Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
When Cuomo said that there actually wasn't enough PPE to even order. Essentially every country in the world trying to get it's hands on as much PPE as possible. The US was caught flat-footed in terms of preparedness and the federal government did an abominable job recovering.
First this is my last post along this line of thought. I will not respond, because this can get out of hand here and this is not the place for that. So at my own risk I just wanted to clarify what really went on here. The virus is serious, people are dying, so I am not trying to downplay it.

In my previous post I was showing a map where California and New York never showed recoveries. Nobody pointed out the true reasons for this. The true reason is that this is an election year for the President of the United States of America, by not showing the recoveries was a political ploy to make the virus look as bad as it could be made to look. Check the map again, and you will see not one area controlled by Democrats shows recoveries. But that will soon change.

When a crisis hits or anything bad happens here in America the man in charge gets all the blame by those who don't like that person. The President gets blamed for things that happen that are not in his control, this virus was a god send for those who wanted change in the White House.

It was the virus and peoples fear of it, that brought about the change in Washington.

If anyone wants a forum to say whatever you want to say without censorship , then you can go here...Web Central Political Forum

Last edited:
First this is my last post along this line of thought. I will not respond, because this can get out of hand here and this is not the place for that. So at my own risk I just wanted to clarify what really went on here. The virus is serious, people are dying, so I am not trying to downplay it.

In my previous post I was showing a map where California and New York never showed recoveries. Nobody pointed out the true reasons for this. The true reason is that this is an election year for the President of the United States of America, by not showing the recoveries was a political ploy to make the virus look as bad as it could be made to look. Check the map again, and you will see not one area controlled by Democrats shows recoveries. But that will soon change.

When a crisis hits or anything bad happens here in America the man in charge gets all the blame by those who don't like that person. The President gets blamed for things that happen that are not in his control, this virus was a god send for those who wanted change in the White House.

It was the virus and peoples fear of it, that brought about the change in Washington.

If anyone wants a forum to say whatever you want to say without censorship , then you can go here...Web Central Political Forum

I'm sorry, but part of this is simply not correct. Even if you don't respond, people reading this ought to have this clarified. Using the map you showed...

11 of 25 red states (Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa, Arkansas, Kentucky, and West Virginia) show recovered cases.

8 of 25 blue states (Hawaii, New Mexico, DC, Maryland, Delaware, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine) show recovered cases.

I don't know about you, but I don't really see a strong partisan pattern here. Less than half of both red and blue states show recovered cases, and only 3 more red states show recovered cases than blue states.

there are other more reliable sites which do show recovered cases and lots more.
The one I use is here:

I do find it funny that just because someone doesn't agree with you, you have to put them on ignore. That's like a child covering their ears and going "naa naa na na naaa". It's their opinion and they're entitled to it. Just as you are entitled to yours. If I put everyone who disagreed with my Covid posts on ignore, I'd be ignoring pretty much everyone. But I read and respect your opinions.
So here are my thoughts.
1, Before you go hammering forward to get your Covid jab, do yourself a favour and google "Pfizer lawsuits" then come back to me. If you want a vaccine from those lot you need your head testing.
2, Actually don't come back to me. I'll find a forum where your opinions are discussed with adults and not just ignored by children.
Seeya.

Once you have had the virus and overcome it, you have anti-bodies for it.

Theoretically, this will be a good test to see if anti-bodies last in his body. If he has no covid19 and has anti-bodies for it, then it means that his body (and presumably most other people) will be immune after getting it.

Italy was the first covid “outbreak” in Europe.
Italian National Cancer Institute have been testing samples taken pre covid. They’ve just announced C19 was circulating undetected and unheard of in Italy in Sept 2019. IE before the Wuhan outbreak was announced.

When Cuomo said that there actually wasn't enough PPE to even order. Essentially every country in the world trying to get it's hands on as much PPE as possible. The US was caught flat-footed in terms of preparedness and the federal government did an abominable job recovering.
The EU ordered the biggest amount of ppe equipment in world history pretty quickly for distribution to its member states. All accepted with one exception.
The U.K. govt refused as being elected on basically a single ticket they couldn’t. That ticket being anti EU (brexit) meaning they couldn’t be seen to accept EU help in keeping their citizens safe. “We’ll make our own arrangements” iirc was the official reply.
That meant hospital staff wearing bin liners and clothing industry production lines turned over to mask production. Masks never became compulsory in public areas such as shops and public transport for a long time because there simply wasn’t enough to go around.
How many lives lost because of political dogma and face saving we will never know but I’ll hazard a guess that at least one person would be alive now if the EUs offer had been accepted.
History won’t remember those at the top of a number of countries well.

Once you have had the virus and overcome it, you have anti-bodies for it.

Theoretically, this will be a good test to see if anti-bodies last in his body. If he has no covid19 and has anti-bodies for it, then it means that his body (and presumably most other people) will be immune after getting it.

The problem is that as this is a new and strange virus, the medical field still doesn't know how long antibodies protect you from catching C19 twice.

''Antibodies are a key part of our immune defences and stop the virus from getting inside the body's cells.
The Imperial College London team found the number of people testing positive for antibodies has fallen by 26% between June and September.
They say immunity appears to be fading and there is a risk of catching the virus multiple times.’'

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54696873

Italian National Cancer Institute have been testing samples taken pre covid. They’ve just announced C19 was circulating undetected and unheard of in Italy in Sept 2019. IE before the Wuhan outbreak was announced.

I think that it may be difficult to know where the very first case of C19 started in Europe. France reported a case as early as December 2019 and Germany in January 2020.

''A patient treated in a hospital near Paris on 27 December for suspected pneumonia actually had the coronavirus, his doctor has said.
This means the virus may have arrived in Europe almost a month earlier than previously thought.
Dr Yves Cohen said a swab taken at the time was recently tested, and came back positive for Covid-19.''

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52526554

I think that it may be difficult to know where the very first case of C19 started in Europe. France reported a case as early as December 2019 and Germany in January 2020.

''A patient treated in a hospital near Paris on 27 December for suspected pneumonia actually had the coronavirus, his doctor has said.
This means the virus may have arrived in Europe almost a month earlier than previously thought.
Dr Yves Cohen said a swab taken at the time was recently tested, and came back positive for Covid-19.''

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52526554
I meant the first reported in real time.
Things we know,things we don’t know and things we don’t know we don’t know etc never seemed more valid.

I meant the first reported in real time.
Things we know,things we don’t know and things we don’t know we don’t know etc never seemed more valid.

I actually don't think that WHO knows in which European country the first case was discovered. The latter stated at one point that the virus was contained within China whilst it was already in Europe. :)

I thought the antibody thing was proven wrong? As in - once you get Covid-19, you can get it again...

Damn, you had beat me to it. I just posted a link to that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back