Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Kansas just became a "hot spot" in the nation - we've had relatively few cases until now. I have been a virtual hermit for months. I wear a mask when somebody knocks on the door. Schools are back open just in time for all those kids to get sick and bring it back home to Grandma. I'm super high risk. I have "end-stage" COPD with a FEV1 of 20% of that of a normal person of my size and age. I'm on oxygen 24/7 - my O2 stats fall into the 50% level if I leave my oxygen off. Last time my concentrator broke and I was at 60% before I knew what hit me - didn't have the air to go get one of my supplemental tanks and called 911. It took them so long to get there (I live in a strange address) I had suffered a mild heart attack due to lack of oxygen (they did a cardiac cath and my veins are all "beutiful", the electrocardiogram caught the minor damage to my left ventrical due to the hypoxia I went through. I tell you I have so much sympathy for fish because of this disease - I understand their panic if removed from the water even temporarily.

I lost most of my lung function after having H1N1 flu 5 yrs ago - prior to that I could walk a mile, I wasn't on O2. At 20% if I get a significant case of COVID I'm likely to be placed on a ventilator - which can also be terrifying. I will likely die as well - it's hard to compensate with only 20% lung function. I have my groceries and RX;s delivered - unless they need to do an exam, most of my Dr's are quite happy to discuss test results via teleconference so I don't have to go into their office - of course I still have lab tests (I'm immune deficient and have hyperthyroidism among other fun things).

Now that the pandemic has reached Kansas and all it's neighboring states I'm terrified of catching it. I have a living will but need to make out a regular will (my daughter is my sole heir so that makes it easy) but I do want some money to go to various friends and family members that could usse a slight boost up plus I want to give money to the bird sanctuary where my dear parrot now resides.

So what do do with my fish? Nobody in my family wants all the work and I admit i have some stunning fish I would hate to see "thrown out" - stunning or not they don't deserve death. . Craigslist is not safe here for women - too many robberies and rapes have occurred. I have invested several thousand dollars in these fish and tanks and now they area basically worthless.
Take care,

Iā€™m struggling to understand your post and point tbh.
You may be one of the lucky ones who show no symptoms. You may not have come into contact with it BECAUSE of lockdown and social distancing. Surely you can ā€œseeā€ that?
In March the two miserable looking fellers either side of Johnson told the U.K. govt they were looking at 50,000 dead with lockdown and 250,000 without it. Weā€™re still short of 50,000 thankfully though for how much longer whole grown adults say ā€œjog on covidā€ I donā€™t know.
Shame thereā€™s no ignore button on this forum.
If you click on someone's profile you can 'ignore'.

Last edited:
Iā€™m struggling to understand your post and point tbh.
You may be one of the lucky ones who show no symptoms. You may not have come into contact with it BECAUSE of lockdown and social distancing. Surely you can ā€œseeā€ that?
In March the two miserable looking fellers either side of Johnson told the U.K. govt they were looking at 50,000 dead with lockdown and 250,000 without it. Weā€™re still short of 50,000 thankfully though for how much longer whole grown adults say ā€œjog on covidā€ I donā€™t know.
Shame thereā€™s no ignore button on this forum.
Ok I appreciate your re jogging the number we were all told , but being told something doesnā€™t mean itā€™s true Iā€™m sorry but I have a friend who works in my local hospital of a town with around 200,000 people and there are 3 people in the Covid ward ... 10-20 thousand people die each year of the common flu and figures for alcohol and drug use are much higher but not punished on media and television, like I said this is all my opinion and there is an ignore option on here , simply donā€™t read it

To me the most tragic thing to come out of this whole thing is how we inter react with each other. As long as this last the more our reaction to each other will change. It will be along time before two strangers can meet on the street and shake hands with each other, as casually as we did before the virus. This is just a small of example of a much larger change in how we as people will interact to each other in casual day to day living.

Also in the making of a milestone in history in which we are living in now, this has been the largest changing of wealth in the history of humankind. Thousands of smaller businesses are going under, while the larger companies with unlimited cash will weather this no matter how long it takes. Then when everything about our lives returns to a new normal those larger companies will make all that money back plus more.

I don't think it's a world-wide government conspiracy, because so many governments would have to be in on it, the same governments that otherwise can't agree on the color of pink lemonade. It just doesn't seem that likely.

I agree, the same thing was said about 9/11 theories that too many people would be in on the plot and it could not possibly stay silent.

The animal kingdom is very large and complex, you don't need to be a true expert to realise there could be a disease out there that would be catastrophic for humans. Nobody said the HIV virus was a weird plot, so why covid? Shame about Freddy Mercury and of course countless thousands who caught the disease because some governments didn't do enough to stop it, which I understand was because they didn't want to discuss the issue because it was associated with homosexual people. This new novel virus is against anyone, old, young, male, female, homosexual or heterosexual, so if the government does little against it, they are also damned if they do or damned if they don't.

CAP has just shut down for in person meetingsā€¦ again... 200+ cadets have dropped out of CAP in the Kentucky wing alone. It's really boring now. (as it was a few months ago)

Back to phase 0. No seeing friends, no drill, no PT, not even any service things, except for once a month.

The last food distribution we did, a few days ago, we had to wear our masks and glasses, like safety glasses. I don't see why, as none of the church members were wearing them. :dunno:

Something that has puzzled me for along time, take a look at this map Covid-19 by State.
In the following places show Active, Recovered, and Fatal.
Texas
Active 186,293
Recovered 820,073
Fatal 19,298

Nuevo Leon Mexico
Active 7,839
Recovered 20,110
Fatal 2,362

Quebec CAndada
Active 10,794
Recovered 98,740
Fatal 6,455

New York
Active 503,590
Recovered --
Fatal 33,343

Why does everyplace in Mexico reports recovered, the same in Canada and but not in the USA. States like Texas, Olkahoma does show recovered, but places Like New York and California do not show any recovered. This has puzzled me for good while now.

Something that has puzzled me for along time, take a look at this map Covid-19 by State.
In the following places show Active, Recovered, and Fatal.
Texas
Active 186,293
Recovered 820,073
Fatal 19,298

Nuevo Leon Mexico
Active 7,839
Recovered 20,110
Fatal 2,362

Quebec CAndada
Active 10,794
Recovered 98,740
Fatal 6,455

New York
Active 503,590
Recovered --
Fatal 33,343

Why does everyplace in Mexico reports recovered, the same in Canada and but not in the USA. States like Texas, Olkahoma does show recovered, but places Like New York and California do not show any recovered. This has puzzled me for good while now.
Because New Yorkā€™s Governor is nuts!

He blamed everything on someone else. ā€œWe donā€™t have enough PPEā€. Well, duh, you have to order it! It doesnā€™t fall from the sky!

He blamed everything on someone else. ā€œWe donā€™t have enough PPEā€. Well, duh, you have to order it! It doesnā€™t fall from the sky!

When Cuomo said that there actually wasn't enough PPE to even order. Essentially every country in the world trying to get it's hands on as much PPE as possible. The US was caught flat-footed in terms of preparedness and the federal government did an abominable job recovering.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back