Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Why it worse in England than rear of UK? I know there's more ppl but is it proportionate? Also why are the numbers so high? Surely it should be getting better, more managed.

Why it worse in England than rear of UK? I know there's more ppl but is it proportionate? Also why are the numbers so high? Surely it should be getting better, more managed.

The UK (United Kingdom) is made up of four countries, England the largest, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. England will obviously get the largest number cases because it's the largest country).

The numbers may have different proportions because England is a denser population than the likes of Scotland and Wales from what I can envisage, Scotland and Wales are countries with few people and a lot of large hills and lakes (apparently some with monsters swimming in them LMAO). That in itself creates social distancing when your 'neighbour' lives four mils down the road.. I would add on a side note, I have only ever spoken to about two Scottish people on the internet in the last 24+ years I have been using it so surprised they get broadband at all..

The numbers are getting high because rules were relaxed at the beginning of July and so two and a half months later the virus has had time to spread among people who are not socially distancing properly.

This is a shambles, like I suggested in a previous post, if people just self isolated for two weeks, then the virus would die out in the people who got it and it would no longer pass on to others, then the only real issue would be travelers coming from another country to deal with.

Sorry I'm just laughing at the scotland broadband thing. I know the UK well enough - but was curious if england's numbers are similar per capita or not. And given you've one health service you'd expect same approach across all countries of the UK.

Well there are reports of people bulk buying again, not so bad in my town but I noticed large vodka bottles and boxes of red wine are pretty low, but all other alcohol products are stacked high.

Probably because pubs and bars have to close at 10 pm now so people who want to carry in drinking have to do it at home.

Probably because pubs and bars have to close at 10 pm now so people who want to carry in drinking have to do it at home.

This is not the reason.

There was a threat of dong a two week lock down in October.

People want to stock up for two weeks...

They'd be stockpiling more than just vodka and wine.

Well, I didn't check the other aisles but I think you are right, however, I think given what happened last time they would not be prattling about stock pilling tissue paper again, it was an expletive stupid idea that cost people access to toilet paper, I knew a woman at work who went to like 5 shops still didn't get any. Ironically I saw a pack in Tesco but it was like a huge jumbo pack had like 24 rolls or something stupid in it, I didn't want to risk looking like a complete T walking through the self checkout and ending up on YouTube LOL I mean I lived in a house with 5 adults at the time but I am just ONE person buying it...

Now I don't wish covid on anyone, but I do hope he gets sick enough to require hospitalisation so he then realises this is real and not some made up bug he keeps claiming.

--------------------
In Western Australia, the state government keeps dribbling on about there have been no locally transmitted cases in 5 months. However, they aren't testing anyone so the virus could be spreading and they wouldn't know because they aren't testing. The only people being tested and those coming into the state and being put into quarantine.

There are people all over my town that are coughing their guts up and its been going on for 3 months now. They have a dry cough and nothing else, just a cough. It started with a primary school child and has spread to every kid and most adults in the town.

I wrote to the Health Department, Minster for Health and the Premier of WA. The Minister for Health responded (the others didn't), and he said it is up to the individuals to get themselves tested if they think they have the virus. I wrote back and said nobody is getting tested because nobody is going to the doctors. I also said it was up to the government to make sure possible cases were tested because this is a pandemic and there is a state of emergency. And that implies the government must act on suspected cases. He hasn't responded to that.

I have also asked the three aforementioned parties if it's safe for me to go outside, go to shops, have complete strangers stand next to me at shopping centres, come home and wash my hands, and wear the same clothes for a couple of days. No comment. Nobody in the government will answer that question.

These issues are stressing me out. The government is saying there is no local transmission but they aren't testing anyone and won't answer my question about is it safe for me to go outside. To me this says the government is hiding something. I'm not a conspiracy nut but it doesn't add up when they say there's no local transmission but we must still stay 1.5 meters apart and nobody will tell me if it's safe to go outside.

Now I don't wish covid on anyone, but I do hope he gets sick enough to require hospitalisation so he then realises this is real and not some made up bug he keeps claiming.

--------------------
In Western Australia, the state government keeps dribbling on about there have been no locally transmitted cases in 5 months. However, they aren't testing anyone so the virus could be spreading and they wouldn't know because they aren't testing. The only people being tested and those coming into the state and being put into quarantine.

There are people all over my town that are coughing their guts up and its been going on for 3 months now. They have a dry cough and nothing else, just a cough. It started with a primary school child and has spread to every kid and most adults in the town.

I wrote to the Health Department, Minster for Health and the Premier of WA. The Minister for Health responded (the others didn't), and he said it is up to the individuals to get themselves tested if they think they have the virus. I wrote back and said nobody is getting tested because nobody is going to the doctors. I also said it was up to the government to make sure possible cases were tested because this is a pandemic and there is a state of emergency. And that implies the government must act on suspected cases. He hasn't responded to that.

I have also asked the three aforementioned parties if it's safe for me to go outside, go to shops, have complete strangers stand next to me at shopping centres, come home and wash my hands, and wear the same clothes for a couple of days. No comment. Nobody in the government will answer that question.

These issues are stressing me out. The government is saying there is no local transmission but they aren't testing anyone and won't answer my question about is it safe for me to go outside. To me this says the government is hiding something. I'm not a conspiracy nut but it doesn't add up when they say there's no local transmission but we must still stay 1.5 meters apart and nobody will tell me if it's safe to go outside.

Well I hope you are well stocked up Collin, you don't want to be in need of food like you were back earlier in the year.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back