Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The number of infected people in the eastern states of Australia is increasing too. And the stupid WA government is still letting football players into WA from those covid19 hotspots. The dumb government is going to infect everyone in WA just for a stupid football match.

The people in my country are halfwits. Willing to put everyone's lives at risk purely for a sport. God forbid they just cancel this years football. Oh no, we can't do that, we want to watch football.

There is 50 years worth of football in the television studio archives, just watch that.

Then we have the motor racing. For the first half of this year the motor racing was put on hold and they did e-racing. They got the drivers and put them on a computer simulator, then connected them all up. It was great and was extremely realistic. It didn't use any fossil fuels and caused next to no damage to the environment (apart from power used to run the games). Then last week, they went back to real racing where thousands of people interact with each other and they use thousands of litres of fossil fuel and pollute the environment with huge amounts of toxic gasses.

I am so fed up with the human race and its complete disregard for the planet that keeps us all alive.
Yeah the earth probably can’t wait for us to go extinct.

What I find amazing here is we had seen all these articles on the news saying things like "what the pubs might look like after lockdown" and they presented images of people sitting apart from each other, glass barriers etc, then when we saw what actually happened was absolutely no social distancing at all.

Crazy

Police officer:
""Finished my late shift with the @HantsPolice Southampton City late shift. A busy shift, we dealt with anti-social behaviour, naked men, possession of class 'A' drugs, happy drunks, angry drunks, fights, more angry drunks and was called a fascist pig by somebody we tried to help!"

Sounds like the new normal is very much like the old normal.:rolleyes:

I don't know about R number, but it shows cases taken on,

scroll down a little

Thanks. I roughly know the current R rates (0.7 - 1.1 with regional variation), I just can't understand that they are now higher than before we went into lock down? The r rate for covid19 with no interventions is just under 3. I was hoping to look at @LostBear's source to see if it had misleading information or different stats to what I would assume.

Thanks. I roughly know the current R rates (0.7 - 1.1 with regional variation), I just can't understand that they are now higher than before we went into lock down? The r rate for covid19 with no interventions is just under 3. I was hoping to look at @LostBear's source to see if it had misleading information or different stats to what I would assume.

So you are in the UK too then, I hope to go to Peterborough sometime there is a Japanese garden there with lots of koi, last year I went to Birmingham Sea Life Centre, it was great,

Sorry. Can't recall where I read it either.
I've had a good look around the internet and I cannot find anything to support your statement. Scientists vary on their assessment of the r rate depending on the model they are using but not to any where near the extent that would be needed to make it possible that r rates are higher than before lockdown. In fact it appears that there was no published assessment of UK r rates until May.
So we don't need to panic!

I've had a good look around the internet and I cannot find anything to support your statement. Scientists vary on their assessment of the r rate depending on the model they are using but not to any where near the extent that would be needed to make it possible that r rates are higher than before lockdown. In fact it appears that there was no published assessment of UK r rates until May.
So we don't need to panic!
Panic is my default mode. :lol:

This made me angry - so many theatres have been affected. The Tories think that the arts are nothing - but drama and music feed the soul.

I hope this is enough to save the smaller ones. We have some beautiful ones here in the North East. They give a huge boost to the community - not just the productions, but of course, the jobs they provide.

Why is it okay to open pubs - where people are talking to each other all they time they are there, and ignore social distancing, but not theatres, where seats can be separated, and patrons told to wear masks? Because who talks/ eats/ drinks all the way through a play or a concert? (Well - I know there's always one :mad: but most people will just be looking straight forward, 6 feet from the next person, and listening quietly and watching the stage)

Last edited:
This made me angry - so many theatres have been affected. The Tories think that the arts are nothing - but drama and music feed the soul.

I hope this is enough to save the smaller ones. We have some beautiful ones here in the North East. They give a huge boost to the community - not just the productions, but of course, the jobs they provide.

Why is it okay to open pubs - where people are talking to each other all they time they are there, and ignore social distancing, but not theatres, where seats can be separated, and patrons told to wear masks? Because who talks/ eats/ drinks all the way through a play or a concert? (Well - I know there's always one :mad: but most people will just be looking straight forward, 6 feet from the next person, and listening quietly and watching the stage)
Yep. I agree. I used to do theater but not anymore, I still have friends who do, one of whom was going to be on Broadway this year, but couldnt because of this

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back