Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Still unrelenting darn sarf. Maybe I should fire up the bike and head for Bournemouth :whistle:

I just heard someone say there are 10 to the power of 31 (ie 10 with 31 zeros after it) of viruses in the atmosphere, sounds like a lot.

I think humidity is part of it. Heat and high humidity is more difficult to cope with than heat and low humidity. A school friend who married an American and went to live just outside Chicago complained that she felt as though she'd just got out of the shower all the time she was back visiting.
When I lived in Louisiana, the humidity was awful. It could have only been 70 outside, but it felt like 100. There's no other way to describe the feeling except, "Sticky". (Because it feels like your clothes stick to you)

The humidity in Philadelphia is awful as well. I walked outside once and got one block before my skateboard had a layer of moisture on it. The underside was literally wet instantly.

They've now removed tomorrow's thunderstorms from Teesside's forecast but today's are still there.

Newcastle is forecast nothing today but storms 3 to 5 pm tomorrow.
Gateshead is not forecast storms
Sunderland is not forecast storms.

How can Gateshead & Newcastle be so different? I know the river between them often means different weather as it does on opposite sides of the Tees, but even so.
They LIE!

I am in Gateshead and we are having THUNDER and LIGHTENING and TORRENTIAL RAIN at this very moment!

It's excellent, except that the wind is really getting up and I do not like wind at all. I find it very frightening. My next-door-neighbour has wooden-framed windows that haven't seen a coat of paint for over 30 years, and TBH I don't know how they stay in!

Sulawesi is super humid. I hated it lol.

Cases are really rising here, and people are being super careless with the restrictions, groups of 50+ at the park with no masks.

They LIE!

I am in Gateshead and we are having THUNDER and LIGHTENING and TORRENTIAL RAIN at this very moment!

It's excellent, except that the wind is really getting up and I do not like wind at all. I find it very frightening. My next-door-neighbour has wooden-framed windows that haven't seen a coat of paint for over 30 years, and TBH I don't know how they stay in!

I'm in Northampton and despite the weather app saying I'd get rain and thunderstorms all day, its been a nice day with clear skies,luckily a little less warm than yesterday.

They said we were forecast thunderstorms between 6 and 8. We had enough rain to make half a dozen spots per 2 foot paving slab.

We had about 10 minutes of really heavy rain this morning in Manchester then the sun came out and now I'm dying from the humidity. We were supposed to have thunderstorms too but they seem to have gotten lost along the way.

They said we were forecast thunderstorms between 6 and 8. We had enough rain to make half a dozen spots per 2 foot paving slab.
My thunderstorm, that I was so excited about, lasted about 10 minutes. It's been raining this morning though.

The storms all seem to have headed up to Tyneside and LostBear but then they got lost as well :)

Yes the poor citizens living in merry old England stress badly when the temperature goes above 20C. I laugh every time I think about this. Over there they claim it's really hot when it's 30C in the sun. Over here it's hot when it's 40+ in the shade :)
It’s dropped rapidly overnight Here in SE England. Boooooo.
About 30 yrs ago I shared a house in London with three blokes from Port Headland, WA. Apparently warmth is a well known phenomenon up there.
They’d never been so white since the day they popped out of their mothers wombs. They’d regular have family/mates holidaying in London and these visitors all asked if the three of them had some sort of illness the moment they came through the gates at Heathrow such was the change in their skin colour.
We were in Sydney and Melbourne a few Xmas’s back. Loved the sunshine, loved the chance to wear sunglasses every day. Makes you feel like a rock/film star. Unfortunately I’d lost my address book a few years previous and some 20 or so contact details of people I’d worked with and other stuff with were lost. I think I could track down a bloke from Bundaberg but we never went.
Anyway can’t wait to go back for the Woman’s Soccer WC in 2023. Mrs Lurch is a big fan and I just love a day out at a sporting event.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back