Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Because of coronavirus spread through contact with the mail. Other areas are considering the same thing
It can only live s very short time and if you spray it with Lysol or leave it in the sun, the virus will die. A little late now for that isn’t it?

Pretty sure it lives for 3 days on paper and cardboard. But lysol would take care of that

It can only live s very short time and if you spray it with Lysol or leave it in the sun, the virus will die. A little late now for that isn’t it?
Think about that...if that is truly the case then we need to close the grocery stores and not take home packages from there either. I’m sorry, but some of this is just ridiculous nonsense. Close down take out food too. Anything that passes from from one persons hands to another. I actually ate lunch at Chili’s today. First time since pandemic started. Tables were spaced apart, waitresses wore masks, hand sanitizer station as you walked in, and paper menus that were collected and thrown away after use. It was different but still nice to go in a restaurant and enjoy a meal. A little normalcy for a bit. Then, it was off to Walmart with my mask on. :)

Pretty sure it lives for 3 days on paper and cardboard. But lysol would take care of that
Nope, less than 24 hours. At least that is what was reported while I was working at the hospital. Things could have changed since then. That was a month ago. We were spraying everything down with Lysol and leaving non perishables in the garage for 24 hrs. We have stopped that now.

Nope, less than 24 hours. At least that is what was reported while I was working at the hospital. Things could have changed since then. That was a month ago. We were spraying everything down with Zlydol and leaving non perishables in the garage for 24 hrs. We have stopped that now.
Interesting ok must have been something else :)

I can understand minks and ferrets catching the virus because they are related to dogs, and the virus can jump to dogs and cats. If it is jumping to poultry, we could be in real trouble.

---------------
Australia Post (our postal service) reduced it's delivery times a while ago when this started to help reduce the risk of infection to their workers. Their workers also wear gloves when delivering mail now.

As for the virus living on surfaces, just about all viruses can live on surfaces for some time but most only last 2-14 days without a host to live on. If the surface is dry and the weather is warm, the viruses die sooner. If the surfaces are damp and cool, the viruses can live longer.

In regards to take away food, I have been concerned about that since this started. If one person has the virus and is handling the food or food packaging in any way, they could pass the virus on to customers. And this has actually happened on east at a McDonald's store where a number of workers had covid19 and now some of the customers that bought food from there, have the virus.

The fact lots more people here don't have covid19 but have been buying fast food is more to do with the fact we only had a few cases here originally and we got lucky. In America, fast food outlets are selling food and the virus is spreading. This could mean the virus is capable of surviving on packaging for long enough so other people become infected.

The safest thing to do is buy your groceries and either wipe them down with 70% alcohol or store them in a spare room for 2 weeks before opening them. That should provide sufficient time for the virus to die and you won't catch it from the packaging.

You also need to wash your hands, keys, wallet, handbag and clothing when you get back from shops so you don't pick up any virus on those items. And if you drive, use some alcohol wipes on the steering wheel, indicator/ light switches, door handles, etc, or park the car in full sun for a couple of days to cook the virus inside the vehicle.

----------------
I know political talk is frowned on but Trump wandering around without a face mask is ridiculous. He has been in contact with people that have covid19 (chauffeur and several staff in the White House), but he won't wear a mask to prevent himself from potentially spreading the virus to others.

----------------
I was at the shops on Thursday night when an elderly guy walked past me and coughed right next to me. No apology or anything and I did my nut. He ignored me and walked off. Everyone else in the shopping centre heard me though.

People don't care if they have this virus or any other. :(

I can understand minks and ferrets catching the virus because they are related to dogs, and the virus can jump to dogs and cats. If it is jumping to poultry, we could be in real trouble.

---------------
Australia Post (our postal service) reduced it's delivery times a while ago when this started to help reduce the risk of infection to their workers. Their workers also wear gloves when delivering mail now.

As for the virus living on surfaces, just about all viruses can live on surfaces for some time but most only last 2-14 days without a host to live on. If the surface is dry and the weather is warm, the viruses die sooner. If the surfaces are damp and cool, the viruses can live longer.

In regards to take away food, I have been concerned about that since this started. If one person has the virus and is handling the food or food packaging in any way, they could pass the virus on to customers. And this has actually happened on east at a McDonald's store where a number of workers had covid19 and now some of the customers that bought food from there, have the virus.

The fact lots more people here don't have covid19 but have been buying fast food is more to do with the fact we only had a few cases here originally and we got lucky. In America, fast food outlets are selling food and the virus is spreading. This could mean the virus is capable of surviving on packaging for long enough so other people become infected.

The safest thing to do is buy your groceries and either wipe them down with 70% alcohol or store them in a spare room for 2 weeks before opening them. That should provide sufficient time for the virus to die and you won't catch it from the packaging.

You also need to wash your hands, keys, wallet, handbag and clothing when you get back from shops so you don't pick up any virus on those items. And if you drive, use some alcohol wipes on the steering wheel, indicator/ light switches, door handles, etc, or park the car in full sun for a couple of days to cook the virus inside the vehicle.

----------------
I know political talk is frowned on but Trump wandering around without a face mask is ridiculous. He has been in contact with people that have covid19 (chauffeur and several staff in the White House), but he won't wear a mask to prevent himself from potentially spreading the virus to others.

----------------
I was at the shops on Thursday night when an elderly guy walked past me and coughed right next to me. No apology or anything and I did my nut. He ignored me and walked off. Everyone else in the shopping centre heard me though.

People don't care if they have this virus or any other. :(
I think you’ve been spying on me, @Colin_T. You just described my ritual to a T. When I get back in the car, I wash down my keys, credit card, purse, mask, steering wheel and hands with a liquid hand sanitizer that I have. I then set my mask on the dashboard to dry out in the hot sun. My purse has never been so clean. I had to use the Walmart public restroom yesterday against my preference but my bladder refused to listen. I noticed the woman next to me had her huge purse sitting on the floor next to her feet. Grossed me out.

I have a small plastic container of 70% alcohol in my car. I open the car door and grab the paper towel on the container and dip it in the alcohol, then wipe my hands, door handles, keys, etc. If I have coins (change from shopping), I put that in the container of alcohol. I also have a spray bottle of alcohol in the car and spray that on the paper towel and wipe it over my clothes before I get in the car. When I get home I spray the alcohol on the seat and seat belt.

Unfortunately covid19 didn't do this to me, I have been doing this for years coz I'm nuttier than a bowl full of pecans.

-----------------
On my walk tonight there was another 7 parties near my place. Cars and people everywhere. It's crazy because there are still a few active cases of covid19 here and nobody is being tested to see if they have it.

I think you’ve been spying on me, @Colin_T. You just described my ritual to a T. When I get back in the car, I wash down my keys, credit card, purse, mask, steering wheel and hands with a liquid hand sanitizer that I have. I then set my mask on the dashboard to dry out in the hot sun. My purse has never been so clean. I had to use the Walmart public restroom yesterday against my preference but my bladder refused to listen. I noticed the woman next to me had her huge purse sitting on the floor next to her feet. Grossed me out.
Putting your bag on the flooring a public lavatory is disgusting at the best of times - now it's just beyond stupid, too.

In these crazy times, we all need to wear protection when venturing out in public...protections such as tin hats, gloves, and face masks. Here’s @Colin_T as he sets a good example by wearing his hazmat suit as he heads out to find food for his dinner: "here kitty kitty"
wizard-of-oz-tinman-jack-haley1.jpg

Last edited:
For full head protection from toxic aerosol vapor, it’s best to wear a full helmet.
ECNYS5QWwAAQOD7.jpg

Can humanity get any stupider? Theres a thing going around right now....
Even worse than people saying it's just the flu.... people are saying its not even as bad as the flu and it's just a cold. Ughhhhh

Can humanity get any stupider?
Not sure stupider is an actual word in the English dictionary but I know what you mean and yes, humanity can get stupider, much stupider :)

The US President is telling states he is going to over-ride their governors and re-open churches, not a smart move. He also implies prayer is going to help defeat covid19. That there is stupidity at its finest.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back