Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It depends on which network you listen to, CDC numbers are being ignored by some networks because the numbers are coming in much lower than forecast so it is good news

It depends on which network you listen to, CDC numbers are being ignored by some networks because the numbers are coming in much lower than forecast so it is good news
Exactly. I know the numbers being reported to us in hospitals is not matching the numbers that I am hearing. Philadelphia is beginning to get hit hard now though.

Please watch.... I have fact checked everything on all of his previous videos and its correct

This shocking to see in modern times. Here in U.S., they were calling for retired nurses and doctors to return to work to help. My license is still good but they were reinstating others that had allowed theirs to expire.
Any port in a storm. Basically they need all the help they can get and if that means getting retired nurses and doctors back in, so be it. However, it does raise the issue of them dying because they are most likely over 60 and in a high risk group.

Any port in a storm. Basically they need all the help they can get and if that means getting retired nurses and doctors back in, so be it. However, it does raise the issue of them dying because they are most likely over 60 and in a high risk group.
They are also asking medical students, even the ones just doing pre reqs to help

Personally I am appalled at how many governments seem more concerned about protecting their economies before their citizens, or the planet.

Last night I heard a promise to get cars back on the road and planes back into the skies so that we could resume burning fossil fuels at our previous levels. Even though I live in a semi-rural area the improvement in air quality is already noticeable. It has also been a pleasure sitting in the garden under a blue sky. My semi-rural garden happens to be between the busiest and third busiest airports in the world (stats may be out of date) and I had forgotten that blue sky is even a thing. Yes there are planes out there but we can see their vapour trails rather than having the entire sky obscured by a cloud of white haze.

I just hope that as a species we learn from this and come out of it better than we went in. And I'm afraid better is not something that should be measured by stock market indices.

Is anyone else's WiFi backed up? I really don't like now having good wifi. I live out in the middle of nowhere and there is only one company that provided service out here and they are terrible. :/

True. That didn’t put me on the “front line” though. I’m in an office tracking numbers. You do it because you feel the calling. You know the risk.

Is anyone else's WiFi backed up? I really don't like now having good wifi. I live out in the middle of nowhere and there is only one company that provided service out here and they are terrible. :/
Most are running a little slower because everyone’s working from home.

Dont you guys have cellular data?

Even my dentist is not open except for emergencies. One of my doctor appointments will be via phone. Another doctor appointment was cancelled and they cannot reschedule it at the present time. Schools here might very well close for the rest of the school year. Presently they are closed till May 4th. When restrictions are gradually lowered, we will most likely still be social distancing for quite awhile.

Crazy times we are living in...one for the history books.

I have just finished watching a documentary on youtube about the spanish flu of 1918-1919. 675,000 died in the US. Very depressing documentary.

Let's hope this virus is defeated soon. Crazy times we are experiencing.

Last edited:
My dentist is the same. The wa governor is preparing for schools to not open again next fall and has already decided it wont open this year

Too bad schooling via a computer is not widely available as some students dont have a computer or might not have internet access.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back