Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The mask are designed to help keep people from spreading the disease not so much from catching the disease. To protect you from getting the disease you would need to wear a biological gas mask. Like a m17a1

But if you don't sneeze then whats the use?

You never know if you are going to sneeze or cough. It must do something good or medical staff would not wear them.

I have 2 old Army Gas Masks in sealed packages. If it ever comes to it, I’m surviving! :hey:
Depends on what type of filter you have, if it is the blue type that is for tear gas and would give little protection against a biological agent but if you have the combat filter black type you are good to go. I have the black type:good:

Depends on what type of filter you have, if it is the blue type that is for tear gas and would give little protection against a biological agent but if you have the combat filter black type you are good to go. I have the black type:good:
Just checked, it’s the black filter in one and the blue filter in the other! I’m double prepared! :flex:

well I just signed out of work and will be on unpaid leave for four weeks.

Its funny watching the comments from people on YouTube slating the presenters for shopping for their fish aquariums!

plus its astonishing what some people write, someone wrote "I think you are the only person enjoying the quarantine the most."

Last edited:
I was explaining to my grandparents today just how big the Excel centre is. It is absolutely enormous, it has two tube stations serving it and can host multiple big shows at the same time so to made into a hospital just shows how serious this is.
I expect the UK lockdown to extend past the current 3 weeks and I expect with this weekends predicted good weather that people will be idiots and break the lock down rules.

We are no longer babysitting our 7 month old granddaughter :( because her mother is working out of home and Dad is working in a job that he may be exposed in. My daughter was worried and wanted to keep us safe. I miss my granddaughter already. My son is at home while his new job has him on hold indefinitely. My 2nd daughter is going to stay with her sister and work from home and help with the baby and my 3rd daughter no longer has a job since both places closed down and went out of business her boyfriend is also out of work now since his employer was forced to close. Trying to stay possitve. Hang in there folks thing will get better.

Last edited:
Boston Marathon has been postponed to a much later date...perhaps even September or October. Major league baseball season has been postponed. Large gatherings are being cancelled or postponed. Stock market dropped 10% today. Hope things turn around in the near future and Coronovirus stops spreading but nobody knows. Till it does recede, the economy looks to continue a downward spiral.
@Fishmanic I didn't hear about Boston. I ran that in 1985 back when the qualifying standards were stricter. That was one of the best experiences of my life. I just kind of fast jogged it instead of running hard. I did that to qualify. No, I wanted to really see this great amateur sporting event and remember it. Glad I did. These days I'm slowing down and looking at everything closer, just to sink it into my memory good. Stores here in little Billings Montana are half empty and people look at each other funny. I never thought my retirement would be like this.

@Fishmanic I didn't hear about Boston. I ran that in 1985 back when the qualifying standards were stricter. That was one of the best experiences of my life. I just kind of fast jogged it instead of running hard. I did that to qualify. No, I wanted to really see this great amateur sporting event and remember it. Glad I did. These days I'm slowing down and looking at everything closer, just to sink it into my memory good. Stores here in little Billings Montana are half empty and people look at each other funny. I never thought my retirement would be like this.
I did not do the marathon but I did walk Bostons freedom trail as a kid with my Grandmother and years later walked it again with my kids :)

Here in Washington we are running out of elastic to make mask with :rofl: it's good that people are making mask but we need more elastic to make more!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back