cories and mystery snails.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

corylover5

Fish Herder
2x Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
My mystery snail laid eggs a while back and I decided to let them hatch and grow in my tank until they were big enough to take out of my tank and sell or give to my LFS. The eggs started hatching today but seeing the very very tiny babies at the bottom of my tank I'm worried my cories might try to eat them and choke on them or clog their stomachs. Could this happen?

It is possible they will try to eat them. My corydoras ate my neons (they were sick and kind of just resting near the bottom and they came and gulped them down) but I do not know if it might cause issues

Wow. I was not expecting to count over 120 baby snails on one side of my tank. That's a lot of snails to care for :eek: That was only one egg clutch. There are 5 more

Wow. I was not expecting to count over 120 baby snails on one side of my tank. That's a lot of snails to care for :eek:
Wow! Just stick a small bit of cucumber in there. You can also grow algae on rocks for them

I've heard you can feed them watermelon? Is that true?
I believe you can if it is just snails but I have no idea of it will affect fish any differently

Baby snails aren't a problem to Corydoras. Cories chew their food so if the snails get eaten, they won't cause any problems.

You can feed baby snails on most fruits and some veges. Avoid potatoe, onions and onion relatives.
Pumpkin, zucchini, cucumber, etc are regularly used for fish and snails.

That would help and if you have algae on the glass and ornaments it helps too.
If you have some dead plant leaves in the tank the baby snails will eat some of that.

I'm going to try growing algae on some stones and one of my plants has a few dead leaves I was going to remove tomorrow but I will leave them for the snails to eat.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back