Coral Gourami Emergency

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tropicasarah

Reaction score
Update on old post, now urgent.
My dwarf coral blue gourami suddenly had two sores on him last week. They seemed to have almost healed until yesterday when they flared back up again. They're swollen and look bad, but he doesnt seem in discomfort. The tank has been treated with a multicure (malachite, methylene etc) for white spot last week, so I doubt its a fungus...

Checked this morning - unwelcome development - brown patches on skin and hollowed tummy... Am I gonna lose him? Water is normal - my others are fine, 24-26*C, no nitrate/nitrite/ammonia, low kH, med GH, 6.5-7.5pH

Tank is 170L, tetras, bettas, loaches, gourami dwarfs, rainbows, catfish, mystery snails, platys. Food is algae pellets, wood, cucmber, peas, fresh blood worms, froz bloodworm and brine shrimp, flakes, betta pellets, native pellets, cuttlebone.

20111113_114306.jpg
20111113_114156.jpg
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy271/sarash29/20111113_114134.jpg

that looks like dwarf gourami disease and sadly you probably will lose him and any other dwarf gouramis in the tank, your other fish should be okay though

EEEEEKKK! In the last five hours most of my fish suddenly have white mouths - especially the bettas. It looks like fungus but has appeared in only a few hours. I hope whatever the gourami has isnt contagious and in the water... Theyve all been treated for fungus last week, and ive not changed anything since then.

How would gourami disease get into my tank? Could it have been dormant in my newest one? He's the only one who hasnt shown signs of it now, the others all got patchy today, but could he be a carrier? Hes been in there for over a week with no probs now this... grrrr.

Treated with Melafix but in the last 10 hours Ive lost almost $400 of fish. Can I take any action against the pet store? Thats the only recent addition to my tank - 5 phantom glass catfish (of which I now have 1), besides the gourami but hes a couple of weeks ago now.. !?!?!?! WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

just put tetracylcine treatment in, now to wait, unless anyone can identify the patches?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back