Cooling Water

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks! That site was really interesting. I unplugged my heater but the temperature didn't go down too much. It used to stay in the 70-80 range but latley its been up to 86!! :crazy: I know this isn't healthy so I'm trying to find some tips :D .

Thanks for the site Bangin! If anyone else has any quick tips or any tips on how you cool your water, feel free to comment!

All help is needed and welcomed! ^_^

As long as your thermostat is functioning, there is no need to unplug your heater, it will not switch on - if it is, then it probably needs replacing.

To cool an overheated tank, you can keep a few large plastic fizzy drink bottles filled with water in the fridge, float one in there as and when. A fan arranged to blow over the surface will also cool the tank considerably since it increases the evaporation rate which extracts energy from the water.

If your tank has a light make sure you are not running it more than absolutely needed.My 5g gets really warm quick with just the light.I am also getting darker curtains for the room they are in.The white lace type let in too much heat.

My 10g with no light or heater stays around 74 which is good for my fantails.I use a small desk lamp behind it but not too close when I want to enjoy it lighted.

Koda

the mad man inside my head is wondering wether you could hook up a hose to and from the fridge.... make something up that keeps the door open a bit (but still allows it to seal) and pass the pipe into the fridge... coil it up a bit so the water cools nicely and pump it back into the tank ....

I'll get my coat...

TAXI! :whistle:

**throws on trench coats and dashes away in the taxi with him** That's like..I want to make this thing..where it goes on the back of the tank underneath the hood so that whenever water comes out it will go into that little thing like a gutter, and keep from getting my backround wet! :shifty: :shifty:

Thanks for the help guys! I changed my light so that it only comes on for a little while, since I don't have live plants it only comes on for about 2 and a half hours :D . Maybe that will help it go down a little.

I was also thinking that I could buy an ice tray, and put water in it and drop my de-chlorinaters in there and then freeze them! So I could have little fish friendly ice cubes!! It would be a nice project :nod: . Maybe I'll try that :D .

lilhurleybunny said:
I was also thinking that I could buy an ice tray, and put water in it and drop my de-chlorinaters in there and then freeze them! So I could have little fish friendly ice cubes!! It would be a nice project :nod: . Maybe I'll try that :D .
Along that same line,you could just keep a gallon jug of fish friendly water in the fridge...carefully marked as such, of course :S :sick:

Koda

im into overclocking my computer and the same principle can be used on a fish tank. tank-pump-radiator-tank put a fan on the radiator and there you go cooling for your tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back