Cool Ideas For A 2.5G?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kelly528

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys I know I shouldn't even be THINKING this since I just downsized my tank collection to get my parents' go-ahead for a Goldfish tank but I was wondering if there was anything nifty (besides a Betta, shrimp or snails) that I could keep in my 2.5g?

Probably not the best way for me to 'enter the dark side' lol but I'd be interested to hear you rsuggestions anyways!

Where would you get Scarlet Badis from? I have never seen them anywhere. Sorry to intrude on the topic :lol:

Where would you get Scarlet Badis from? I have never seen them anywhere. Sorry to intrude on the topic :lol:

Well I'm in Canada so while they don't usually stock them in pet stores, there are many independant pet stores and fish importers in Vancouver who can simply order them when they send in their next stock order. Its worth asking at a few independent LFSes in your neighborhood or trying to source out someone who runs a fish importing business.

If all else fails there are sites like aquabid and liveaquaria but I prefer to pick them up in person rather than worry about them in the mail. Furthermore bringing animals into Canada is a MAJOR PITA so its easier to let someone else eat all that paperwork & the DOA's :lol:

Hi guys I know I shouldn't even be THINKING this since I just downsized my tank collection to get my parents' go-ahead for a Goldfish tank but I was wondering if there was anything nifty (besides a Betta, shrimp or snails) that I could keep in my 2.5g?

paradise fish maybe?
1077135_f520.jpg

Probably not the best way for me to 'enter the dark side' lol but I'd be interested to hear you rsuggestions anyways!

Well youre certainly right about it not being the easiest way but if you have a decent amount of fw experience you should be ok.

You could have an invert and/or mushroom tank. A very small fish might work but I wouldn't really suggest it.

Here you Go, A Full Index by Species of Nano Fish

Mini Fish

wow, that site would be awesome............ if i was German :unsure:

haha sorry for the sarcasm, thanks for the post i've been looking for a list of mini-fishies

Click on the small Union Flag to the left side of the page.

*edit* Sometimes it changes back to German though and has no flags on show :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back