Cook's Chat

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kittycook

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, I know I'm new here but I've been working as a professional cook for 18 years.  I am currently finishing my college degree in Hotel / Resort management (used to be called Hotel / Restaurant Management at my college).  Recently I left my job as a pantry cook in late March and I have a lot of experiance in making all sorts of entrees, desserts and hors d'oeuvres for restaurants and banquets, as well as working as a line cook.  I just wanted to see if anyone else here has a liking for cooking as I do.  I just wanted to know if anyone else here would like to chat about recipies or techiques. 

I figured it would be nice considering this part of the forum has been quiet and it caught my eye.  :)

Well Im glad to meet a fellow cook! So how many years have you been studying? Im an amateur and dont have a degree but heck I can cook!

I never went to culinary school.........waaaaay too expensive but I have work at several restaurants and learned so much on the job at so many different establishments from bar food to fine banquet dining.  My largest event was for 678 people.  My largest wedding event was over 400.

My mother was a personal chef, and also baked and designed some beautiful wedding cakes, while I never did get into the wedding cake thing, cooking became an interest of mine. I follow a low carb lifestyle, which requires a lot of cooking, and I enjoy it a lot! While I am not a professional, I am an enthusiast! Would love to chat recipes. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back