Cooking School

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AquaAlexC1993

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Each Month I am going to teach something I learned in Culinary School!
Here is this month's lesson:
Had a fun class tonight! If you missed it, you can watch it anytime at the link below! :) Today's topic centered around the different Cooking Methods! There are three categories of cooking methods: Dry heat cooking, moist heat cooking, and combination cooking! Some dry heat cooking methods include baking, roasting and frying. Moist cooking methods include poaching, simmering and boiling. Combo cooking include stewing and braising.
Find out about each of the cooking methods! I also discussed how to stay safe in the kitchen! I also gave out some Culinary terms such as Al Dente, au gratin, saute and more. You will learn about the terms and what they mean.
Lastly, get my delicious Chicken Marsala and Parmigiana recipe and my tips for making the perfect poached eggs! A good informal video. Check it out! :)

Had a blast educating everyone on Beef on this month's edition of Cooking School With Chef Alex! If you missed the live stream, no worries you can watch the replay anytime by clicking the link below! I discussed everything you should know about beef, I discussed the different cuts and types of beef and which ones I recommend, the proper internal cooking temperatures for steak (very rare, rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, and well done) and I gave out some delicious recipes! Get my delicious American Meatloaf recipe, Swedish meatball recipe, perfect Prime Rib recipe, and American goulash recipe!
Click the link to watch anytime below:

Are your classes completely online? As for me, online cooking schools aren't as effective as physical ones. For instance, when it comes to super complicated recipes like "super moist chocolate cake", you will need not only theoretical knowledge but practical skills as well. Some people prefer in-person instruction or hands-on experience, which online schools may not be able to provide.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back