Video Cookie time

seangee

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Dropped half a Dennerle Cookie into the tank this evening and left the camera running. Its sort of like a giant bug bite - about half the size of a paracetamol tablet. The great thing is they don't dissolve (at least not within 12 hours) so there is no fouling of the water. If I put an entire wafer in there will still be some left in the morning so they get a half. Oh and the fish love them.

Yeah yeah - I know I should have edited it down to a nice manageable 60 seconds. Instead you get the first 10 minutes after dropping the tab in. Just stop watching when you get bored :fish:

Dennerle are new to me.. looks like I'll have an Amazon delivery coming soon :p
Look at what's in it and buy if you need it. I bought those because at the time I was unable to get Omega One veggie rounds. The veggie rounds do have quite a high plant content (and some meat). The Dennerle stuff is almost all meat protein (great for cories and gouramis in the vid) but I still bought some Hikari wafers for the vegetarians (bristenose and otos). The vegetarians do eat meat but need a much higher proportion of plant matter.

You really get a scale of how tiny the pygmy cories and sparklers are, when the otocinclus looks pretty big next to them!

I think your oto might be a different sub species from mine, much thicker black line on the body. Love this tank so much, and watched it for longer than is probably normal, lol

You really get a scale of how tiny the pygmy cories and sparklers are, when the otocinclus looks pretty big next to them!

I think your oto might be a different sub species from mine, much thicker black line on the body. Love this tank so much, and watched it for longer than is probably normal, lol
If they were easier to catch I would rotate them with those in the other tanks. Sure the rest would get an ego boost by having other fish show them some respect; i.e. moving out of the way when they approach :D

If they were easier to catch I would rotate them with those in the other tanks. Sure the rest would get an ego boost by having other fish show them some respect; i.e. moving out of the way when they approach :D
I had decided that these otos I have would be the last ones I have while I live here, and I'm here for as long as my parents need me - so hopefully for a long time...

Since my water is hard and funds are tight, I didn't want to commit to getting RO forever, I thought I'd just do it for the lifespan of my remaining otos, then sadly stop keeping them. But breaks my heart a little to think of not having more. I have females right now who appear to be full of eggs, and I think perhaps not enough males. They've also rapidly become my favourite fish. So I might have to walk that decision back. What's the fun in fishkeeping if you can't keep the species you really want to keep?

I had decided that these otos I have would be the last ones I have while I live here, and I'm here for as long as my parents need me - so hopefully for a long time...

Since my water is hard and funds are tight, I didn't want to commit to getting RO forever, I thought I'd just do it for the lifespan of my remaining otos, then sadly stop keeping them. But breaks my heart a little to think of not having more. I have females right now who appear to be full of eggs, and I think perhaps not enough males. They've also rapidly become my favourite fish. So I might have to walk that decision back. What's the fun in fishkeeping if you can't keep the species you really want to keep?

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( I don't know. I really miss my Plecos.

I'm not sure about the water though. GH is 14 and KH 19, PH 8.1.

SF (a reliable source) seems to think your GH would be fine, which is more important than the pH. Plus is that your pH straight from the tap or from the tank?
Bristlenoses are pretty much bullet proof. Nobody knows their origin for sure. Mine is 16 years old and spent (at least) the first 10 years of his life in my tap water: dGH 16, dKH 18, nitrate 50ppm

Bristlenoses are pretty much bullet proof. Nobody knows their origin for sure. Mine is 16 years old and spent (at least) the first 10 years of his life in my tap water: dGH 16, dKH 18, nitrate 50ppm

16!! That's amazing! If I can have a Bristlenose in a Juwel Rio 125 L I'll be a happy tanker!!

@AdoraBelle Dearheart that's my tank PH.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back