Converting My Juwel Rio240

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Smelliot

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
If I were to convert my Juwel Rio 240 - 240L tank for those who are unfamiliar would I need different lighting it has 2x 54W T5's

-The Plan
Lowtech with a dirted substrate (Miracle Gro organic choice potting mix) capped with gravel, however if I can source black sand this will definitely be another option.

Also in regards to the filter I'm still currently running the default one that comes with the tank I'm curious whether it would be beneficial to change this when I dirt it as I feel it will get clogged up. If I were to change it I'd be going a canister filter currently looking at one that sits around 1800L/ph

Thanks in Advance! Open to all opinions.

I have this exact tank n also have it dirted. I removed the internal filter n now run a eheim pro 300 much better plus frees up some room n looks alot better imo

Sweet that's exactly what I was thinking, how do the lights go with the plants?

They grow well I dnt have any problems with algae either. The light look gd with the plants aswell.

Fine black gravel bud. Got it cheap as my mate bought way to much for his tank so he sold the rest to me half price. I like the black gravel n black bk ground look. It relli makes the fish and plants pop

I'm a fan too it's just a problem sourcing it. I live in Western Australia.

Postage isn't the cheapest either especially for substrate.

I'd be up for postage more than the product

Yh I agree with that the pure weight of it cost loads to ship. Im quite lucky in my city I have a few shops near me that sell everything from eco complete to all the ada substrates

I like 300km's away from the worlds most isolated capital city.

Fair enuf. I think u will have to order online maybe it will cost a bit but cant see anything else working.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back