Convert Juwel Vision 260

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ryanwylie

Reaction score
Has anyone ever converted a Juwel vision 260 for marines? I was going to buy the tank and cabinet and puta sump in the bottom also. Do you use the original Juwel filter box for anything, do holes have to be drilled in the cover for pipes etc etc.

All help appreciated as im new to marines!

Thanks

Ryan

Sling the original juwel box out. they come out pretty easily. Pm me if you need an advice on this.

I have cut the hood covers on my trigon 190 to allow the piping and skimmer to sit in easily. Not too difficult with a dremel or jigsaw.

What lighting does your tank come with? What ligting are you planning on using?

I don't know if the glass on juwel tanks is suitable for drilling or not?

The tank will come with standard lighting, so I suppose I will have to change the bulbs just for marine bulbs. Why do you mention drilling the tank, what for?

I was under the impression the pipes came into the tank through the back part of the cover at the top......?

Water goes in over the top, but goes out either through a horribly un-reliable and flooding-the-carpet-prone overflow box, or via holes drilled in a weir or on the back of the tank to take the water back to the sump :good:

okay......... are there any pics on threads here showing this?

I was going to buy the tank as a tropical freshwater tank off the net, and buy the sump, skimmer ets seperate.

My lfs is offering this tank, with stand, sump, skimmer etc - no rock/sand, for £920. Thought I could build it cheaper myself though.

My lfs is offering this tank, with stand, sump, skimmer etc - no rock/sand, for £920. Thought I could build it cheaper myself though.

Cough!

I would defo run away fast.

Check the classifieds / Ebay for the tank.

I know 2nd hand tanks aren't as spangly as new ones but there are too many bargains to be had to miss out. especially if you have that much wonga to throw around.

You might even get a pre drilled 260 if you look closely

If i were you i would factor in for a halide luminaire above the tank and lose the top completely.

I hear what you are saying, but im in Northern Ireland therefore very few people keep saltwater fish here. Im trying to think out how to do this all myself to make it cheaper. I really have 900 max to spend, to try and get some live rock, sand etc all in that price.

If I could see a similar tank converted it would be handy. I cant picture where exactly what pipes etc go where, also I dont know what way to modify the stand to take a sump also.................

All help appreciated!!

look through my thread. it isn't the same tank but is a converted juwel tank of 190 litres.

I honestly think you could get a lot more for your money. I reckon you could spend £600 and still have lots of money left over for rock and other bits.

ok, you are now my best friend, lol -- Please guide me - where is your thread. drop me a u2u about this, and your advice.

I hear what you are saying, but im in Northern Ireland therefore very few people keep saltwater fish here. Im trying to think out how to do this all myself to make it cheaper. I really have 900 max to spend, to try and get some live rock, sand etc all in that price.

If I could see a similar tank converted it would be handy. I cant picture where exactly what pipes etc go where, also I dont know what way to modify the stand to take a sump also.................

All help appreciated!!

Is that the ones in grosvenor in lisburn? I certainly would not buy the juwel marine set up you could save yourselves 100's of pounds.

You can look on [URL="http://belfast.gumtree.com/"]http://belfast.gumtree.com/[/URL] for second hand tanks

:hi: to the salty side.

There are a least three people on here from Nth Ireland, the first that comes to mind is BigC - drop him a pm and ask about the best place to buy your tank etc :good:

Mutant is a good choice for a mentor :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

my thread is in the nano reefs section although it is a fraction larger than nano size now.

It is under the heading "6 months in update"

I had a 30 gallon aquamedic chromis in my bedroom.

Girlfriend got the hump and i had to consolidate my 2 tanks into 1 so the freshwater trigon was drained and cleaned.

then i transferred the lot during one long upstairs / downstairs afternoon.

anything else you need to know then please ask.

Give BigC a PM too ryan, he's also from Ireland and can probably steer you in the right direction :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back